Daddy is yours retro

jacks2ts

Old School Hero
My wee man whos 4 has just ask'd me whats retro and i try'd to tell him what it was all about as he's watching me on this website. After teying to explain it's about bike's . then he ask's is my bike's that's in the hallway was retro and that's where i became stuck. Its a 2004 Giant trance 4 frame with '04 Marzzochi marathon fork also 99 spinergy xyclone wheel's 00 raceface XO parts AC 96 cranks , 00 hope mini's brakes. I know most would think it's not retro'ish but i think at least the frame its retro as they've changed the frame design 3 times and i think the first issue was & is the best looking of them all , and when i get it resprayed apple jack green [Kawazaki] it will look fantastic. So what do you recon oldee or newee ?My other rides are 96 GT lobo, zascar, 92 Spec' Rock hopper. 94 Raliegh Mtrax 400.

Retro is very subjective (in the context used here) - some would say more a state of mind.

however i would say your 04 giant doesn't qualify - sorry.

OKmaybe not retro i'll just have to keep it for 10 years or so ; but continuing the chat with my wee man he now call's me" retro dad " as i'm 41 and he say's that's old so i must be retro. I like his logic and as they say " out of the mouths of babes " :LOL:

Kid logic is hard to fault. My 6 yr old usually bemoans the lack of parcels he gets vs "it's just another silly bike for daddy".

Back