Dablk's 1995 Orange E3

dablk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi folks,
Just picked up my second "project" bike...others are here:-
Dablk's Fleet

Its Azaro 1995 E3.. lovely mate thanks. I have a load of 2003 era deore from my p7 build for it initally and was wondering if there are any links to original specs or any other members got any examples. I have looked at the archive but the 95/96 magazine is basic to say the least.

I'm hoping there is a hotrod bar already on its way ;) . So I guess an SK8 stem is first on my list if anyone has one.

If i aimed XT at it which models should I be aiming for?

Or is there a way of doing specfic searches for Orange e3 . I have tried Orange AND E3 and it throws up pretty much everything.

Any help appriciated.

Re: Newbie Hello and Help... 1995 Orange E3

Hello and welcome dablk. Nice selection of bikes you have already there. I have a relatively modern 2006 P7 amongst my fleet too.

For 1995 XT you'd be looking for the M737 groupset. 8 speed had arrived but still a couple of years before V-brakes and in many people's opinions one of the nicest looking XT groupsets.

I can see what you're saying about running 'Orange' and 'E3' through the retrobike search function. It's literally a bit all or nothing.
Try using the Google search instead:--> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/search/

Searching for 'E3' seems to bring up a few relevant results including the original build thread for your bike from azaro:--> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ?p=1249348

this frame used to belong to me, i sold it to azaro, i built it with m900 xtr and in another guise m737 xt, i had a mag20 fork on it that i replaced with the correct matching aluminium fork.

really nice frame

:)

Thanks Lads,

Thats great for starters. Will star the xt hunting. Not in a rush/skint so imagine this will be first seen with deore/wtb all over it.

Love the fact it its got its rigid fork back on. I couldnt afford a sus for many many years till a few mates bought me one, second hand for my old MTrax. Rigid just feels more like how i rem being on a bike.. plus I got the Soul for smashing the place up.

I have every basic base covered right now to get her running... just need to find a quill stem. As they dont dismantle like new ones can i might as well get the right one for the project going forward.

Quick one if anyone can answer.. were these lacquered originally? Happy to polish it all day long.. just wondered.

orange e3

i've had one and i think they are lovely, very light and well made.

Most quality mid 90's kit will suit it. XT was specced but LX , stx-rc will be ok. A proper orange stem would be ideal but there are plenty of decent 1" stems around.
They were laquered but it goes patchy quick. I would polish well and seal with a good car polish, this way you can maintain the finish easier and cheaply.

Cheers.

Any chance a mod could move this thread to readers bikes.. I'll rename it keep it going as it progresses.

Thank You

Dammit, I'm going to be fighting you for the SK8 stem (and maybe bars) now!! :LOL:
I do have some perfect XT 737 hubs going though, maybe we could come to some arrangement with the frame ;)

I know the early ones like my Elite had Laquer on it but it was removed.

Make sure you polish it lots and then lots more as its a bugger to keep em looking good when they're being used reguarly. ;)

Back