cycle shed decals

mrduck1980

Retro Newbie
Has anyone any experience with decals from the cycle shed? Im following the instructions to the letter and trying to apply some aluminium O graphics to my frame and despite rubbing with stiff piece of card on a flat surface the actual transfer will not release from the wax backing paper. Help!?!

The cycle shed is Gil on here so they'll be top notch

Sorry, I only read the first line of your post so my post was pretty unhelpful :oops:

decals

Try rubbing them onto the frame with your fingers. Helps warm them up a bit and makes sure that they're all fully in contact with the frame.

sharp knife, gently split the two layers apart a bit and hay presto, had to do this with mine and worked no probs, mind ya bloody fingers tho ;)

How long have you had them before you tried applying them?

The application tape is just ordinary masking tape, or similar, and if you have had them sitting around in the envelope for a while the tape starts to dry out and is hard to separate; you shouldn't have any problems with decals of that size otherwise...

We_are_Stevo":3jmv3g0l said:
How long have you had them before you tried applying them?

The application tape is just ordinary masking tape, or similar, and if you have had them sitting around in the envelope for a while the tape starts to dry out and is hard to separate; you shouldn't have any problems with decals of that size otherwise...

:!: I got some decals from Gil a few months back..they're waiting for me to polish the frame up and then I will stick them on early next year. What's I to do?

Main factor this time of year is dampness...

Make sure the frame and decals are kept at room temperature in a nice dry atmosphere, both the backing paper and application tape are prone to damp and cold temperatures.

If you are storing the decals for a while before fitting them, keep them flat and in a warm room and they should be fine

when you come to fit them rub the reverse of the decal with a stiff card or even something like a credit card, on a flat dust free surface, you are helping the application tape pick the lettering away from the backing paper, a little warmth might even help.

If you find you still have issues as Chris says get a sharp craft knife and help separate the edge of the decal and the backing paper, once it starts to lift it should peel away easily.

Any major issues drop me a direct email, I'm always here to help :)

Back