Cunningham Racer

And where would homosapiens be without the cascading waterfall of knowledge...?! In this case I was referencing the headbadge decal - I've seen something very similar on Gary's personal bikes.

Re:

I do not think that the spider sticker has anything to do with Cunningham or Gary (who?). My guess is that the owner of the bicycle put it on there and that the sticker might have come from the Poison Spider bike shop in Moab.

Re: Re:

Fat Tire Trader":242hb4xb said:
I do not think that the spider sticker has anything to do with Cunningham or Gary (who?). My guess is that the owner of the bicycle put it on there and that the sticker might have come from the Poison Spider bike shop in Moab.

I think this was the Gary that Neil was thinking of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-or-1984-Fi ... 2edeb0a99d

I like this too

Attachments

• Fisher Everest.jpg
    Fisher Everest.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 648
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Blimey!

Sold for $10,772.63 (£7304.96) :shock: Probably the 2nd most expensive 2nd-hand mountain bike ever...

More than the Breezer 03 on eBay in 2012.
Second only to the Series One #5 here in the same year, I think...

I remember looking at Jaqui Phelan's one at the MvH in 1986. It was like something from a different planet at the time...

All the best,

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

danson67":1p5h2r6m said:
Blimey!

Sold for $10,772.63 (£7304.96) :shock: Probably the 2nd most expensive 2nd-hand mountain bike ever...

sold on ebay maybe, private sale however...

There have been bigger numbers on some eBay BIN deals too. And then, as Scant says, a number of private sales north of this number (although most of those that I'm aware of were for bikes in nicer, more complete/original condition than this one).

Re:

It's interesting to see a Brough Superior/Ferrari/Bugatti area of trading appearing in old mountainbikes over the years.

Age, brand and provenance edging certain examples away from the pack in price.

All the best,

Back