Coolest 'bike-widow' on the Forum?

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Being the lucky buyer of HCs Cro-Mega LX...

Haven't even got around to posting decent pix of my LX on my thread yet! But, I will because having got it to how wanted it I got the bug for rebuilding it somewhat differently! Trouble is I still wanted the neon-pink one as well :oops: I was going to source a second frame and just swap wheel-sets as and when required but when HCs Resto came up for sale I jumped straight in :shock:

...I was pondering how on earth I was going to justify to 'She-who-must-be-obeyed' that I now had YET another bike :roll: - until she asked me last night what I'd like for a Valentines present?

Result :D

(Cheers Martin... :cool:)

I'm picking up bike #11 tonite. I haven't consulted any of the exs, but I'm sure that outside of a roll of the eyes, they'll be fine with it.

FMJ":1gemzwe4 said:
I'm picking up bike #11 tonite. I haven't consulted any of the exs, but I'm sure that outside of a roll of the eyes, they'll be fine with it.

Then perhaps 'Exs' is the significant word in that par? ;)

FMJ":2i2jrbxl said:
I'm picking up bike #11 tonite. I haven't consulted any of the exs
Do they live in Texas? ;-)
FMJ":2i2jrbxl said:
but I'm sure that outside of a roll of the eyes, they'll be fine with it.
Like women don't hoard other things - shoes and handbags... coats... boots... jewelry... more shoes... more handbags...

My missus copes with my stable which is
A different MTB for every day of the week.
4 Road bikes.
2 Cross bikes.
A track bike.
A "leave at the station" bike.

That's 15 bikes. Plus she has a road bike, 2 shoppers and a "leave at the station" bike. And the kids have one each.

That makes us a 21-bike family. With nearly-fully-equipped workshop/room full of spares including about 5 pairs of spare road wheels . And she never complains.

dbmtb":3080pqm2 said:
My missus copes with my stable which is
A different MTB for every day of the week.
4 Road bikes.
2 Cross bikes.
A track bike.
A "leave at the station" bike.

That's 15 bikes. Plus she has a road bike, 2 shoppers and a "leave at the station" bike. And the kids have one each.

That makes us a 21-bike family. With nearly-fully-equipped workshop/room full of spares including about 5 pairs of spare road wheels . And she never complains.
Other than putting up with all that... and the Roman roads, what has she done for you lately?

;-)

In a "former life" I made a pact with my then girlfriend I wouldnt buy any bikes as long as she bought no shoes/handbags...
I bought a frame she muttered, then another, I pointed out the word "bike" which they weren`t !
She then proceded to buy "mules"* and "sandals"*

*technical term for a woman`s shoe, apparently. :roll:

I have three frames upstairs in the house :shock: five pairs of manitous one in most rooms of the house :LOL: 2 bikes in the living room :LOL:

missus isnt bothered....if she says anything I just point out the three coats that she hasnt put away and four pairs of shoes dumped near the front door.. ;)

No probs.....life is good :LOL:

I work away a lot, so up till now I've had one bike at home, and my "secret" bike at work :LOL:
But bike number 3 will have to be kept at home, so it's time to lockdown the man-cave and install additional security measures....

robocop-ED-209.jpg

:D

Back