cool/ different stem caps

Will dig mine out and take a picture. ;)

Was the year of the bombay mix Pete so you were there as well. Think he gave me mine just before I went home so maybe you'd already set off? :?

One for the Lance fans. . . . (and not at all retro!)

Attachments

• Mellow.jpg
    Mellow.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 372
Custom Stem Caps

Whilst not really retro i am just looking at starting to provide custom Titanium stem caps, any size and any text, so long as it will fit on the stem. Anyone interested? How much would people be happy to spend? I dont have exact costs yet but i think for a custom cap in Titanium it is going to come out at about £15-20 all in with shipping.

brocklanders023":34jwrg3t said:
Will dig mine out and take a picture. ;)

Was the year of the bombay mix Pete so you were there as well. Think he gave me mine just before I went home so maybe you'd already set off? :?

Fiddlesticks!

Wonder if he has any left over anywhere...

pete i think you was involved with meat, heres mine
IMAG2101.jpg

Re: Custom Stem Caps

martybmw3":uvs8fin5 said:
Whilst not really retro i am just looking at starting to provide custom Titanium stem caps, any size and any text, so long as it will fit on the stem. Anyone interested? How much would people be happy to spend? I dont have exact costs yet but i think for a custom cap in Titanium it is going to come out at about £15-20 all in with shipping.

after positing negativity about your 3D bottle cage, I'm about to do the same here. :oops: sorry.

you can disagree with me if you want but you need to think of the purpose of the cap and the market for them.

the cap is used to take the play out of the headset races and after the stem bolts are done up, it is the bolts that keep the whole assembly together, the stem cap is a failsafe but it is not necessary (check out weight weenies to see bikes run without the cap).

The market you would be looking at is:
1. bike decorators - those that want to customise their bike to make it look different
2. weight weenies - those how wnan to lose weight from their bike.

I cannot speak for 1 but for 2, (being a bit of a WW myself) there are aluminium alloy as well as carbon caps that I reckon will be lighter and cheaper than Ti caps so I am predicitng there will not be a lot of demand.

(BTW I have had parts made up purley to help others out and sold on a non-profit bases)

Hopefully for your sake I am proved wrong and you will make a fortune and subsequently retire in luxury.

Niners beer cap top cap is a nice take on a top cap....

Lets you change the look of your top cap when you change your preference in beer

Attachments

• niner top cap.jpg
    niner top cap.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 284
Back