Cook brothers cranks.

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Can anyone give me the idea behind the spiders and changing them? Theres always some on ebay, can I swap my 110 for a 94 or even the BMX one? Anyone used the BMX one? Wondering if this would suit the chainline for a single speed a bit better rather than mounting the ring on the middle position. Any difference between 110 bmx and mtb rings apart from the ramps and pins?

While it seems alot of people think the CBR spiders are replaceable, I have yet to ever meet anyone who has done this successfully. I've heard of people doing it, but never actually seen it.

The ones on ebay are for e-cranks only, not for standard cooks. As MC said I've never known of a sucessful swap on a cbr or rsr

mc":254np5lk said:
While it seems alot of people think the CBR spiders are replaceable, I have yet to ever meet anyone who has done this successfully. I've heard of people doing it, but never actually seen it.

Why so? Took the spider off my RSR's no problem. Sent arms off to mansfield annodisers.

realistically to swap on CBR/RSR, you have to make a tool to hold the crank and pres the spider off. And then another tool to press the new one on. Removal usually results in destruction of the old spider. E's are generally the first proper 'changable' spider in eth true sense. So thats std to compack, and coloured switches all easy to do. And the e was never a BMX crank.. . F - is easier change over still, providing you on't wreck the lockring. Hope this helps,

Back