Dirt Disciple
Hi all
I'm looking for a cheapish bike to use as a commuter hack
Not looking for exotic and max budget is £250 delivered or be local to Banbury
Must be large so 18 to 20 inch frame
Must be hardtail and preferably rigid forks too

Cheers Rob

Hey Rob I have two bikes that may fit your needs:

Carreara Vulcan with alloy frame, SRAM kit, Tektro Cable disks, RockShox sus forks, nobbly tyres but could be swapped. Ready to go and yours for £100 plus postage

Or

A nice Trek with steel frame and rigid forks, think the wheels are 700c, bought recently and going to give it a good service. £80 posted.

Let me know if interested in either. Tim

Maybe not what you are after but I've got a mint saracen in the shed (forget which model other than it has elite after the name). 19 inch, rigid fork and I kitted it out with full XT m739 aside from 732 thumb shifters and chainset. I can swap the thumbies out for either XT stis or separate XT shifters and the chainset for a 737 or 739 version.

I was going to part it out in the near future but could sell.complete.

Here's a link to it partially built. I've only ridden it a couple of times. It has mudguards and a rack for a kids seat which was why I built it in the first place:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=241340&hilit=Saracen

Re:

Selling my Munimula if any use to you,98 if I mind right.
Z-max tyres,brake/gear cables,headset and bb new on few weeks back,rear wheel not original.other than that original Avid 2.0/1.9 brakes Xt Lx Stx group set .scuffs n scratches here n there,but no dents.
Can get more pics tomorrow if needed
£180posted
Cheers

Back