Columbus Tecnos specs

The only info is this terrible quality copy of my 1996 Colnago catalogue. Have you searched for EL-OS too as that's another name for nivacrom?

photo53.jpg

Oh nice to see the frames were $1495 new in '96 :shock:

Thanks Shawn,
can't find the mechanical proprierties of the EL either but very nice to see how much was this frame back in '96! I might give a call to Antonio Colombo to see if they retain any information on the old series.

P.S: Do you know how I can find out whether my frame is a 1996 or 1997? Not that it matters too much but I have never been able to work out how the serial numbers worked and would be curious to know it.

Your frame is almost definately a 1997 in AD10 colour scheme ;)

photo54.jpg

I contacted colnago - laura@colnago.com with my frame number and a pic. There is a 6 in the number which funnily enough does work for the manufacture date (1996) but mine was a special order to a belgian customer and obviously isn't one of the two colour schemes from the above 1996 catalogue. The general idea is that mostly the numbers are random, does your frame number have a letter first then a number 7 by any chance?? !!

Mhhh, not really: the serial number stamped in the dropout is 6J555. Someone told me that the first number stands for the manufacture date and that's why I thought it was a 1996 but looking to your catalogue (which I whish I had gotten when you put it on the bay ;)), it looks definitely like the 1997.

I'll try to email to Colnago to see if they can shed a bit of light on the matter.

Thanks for your help!

Back