Closest colour match to the Pace Rc100 grey metallic

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Can anyone help me with the paint code for the original PACE Rc100 grey?

It seems to vary quite a bit but would like to get a frame sprayed and would like to get the closest match if possible.

Re:

Think it was a Porsche colour, can't immediately remember the name but think late 80's Porsche range

Re:

I too was going to mention the Porsche paint, too late to the party :facepalm:

IIRC the rather fine RC100 build by Dr S a few years back mentions his problems colour matching, even with the Porsche stuff. I think he needed to custom blend himself in the end.

Not sure if it helps but here are some Porsche colour charts of the right era here - scroll down to the last 1/4 of the page :)

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/5 ... delay.html

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":1qmob64k said:
I too was going to mention the Porsche paint, too late to the party :facepalm:

IIRC the rather fine RC100 build by Dr S a few years back mentions his problems colour matching, even with the Porsche stuff. I think he needed to custom blend himself in the end.

Not sure if it helps but here are some Porsche colour charts of the right era here - scroll down to the last 1/4 of the page :)

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/5 ... delay.html

When my RC100 was painted, I went through the Glazurit colour spectrum for a custom blend. I don't think there's a RAL colour that's a specific match.

Porsche Stone grey?
Porsche Granite Green?

Unsure - Here's mine for comparison.

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• Granite green metallic.jpg
    Granite green metallic.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 431
  • Porsche Stone Grey Metallic.jpg
    Porsche Stone Grey Metallic.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 431
  • PaceRC100S4.jpg
    PaceRC100S4.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 431
Looks like Porsche Seal grey aswell. I guess any old metallic grey granite colour could work.

Might just go 'black' like my old Steve Worlands and Thackreys team bikes - a lot simpler and wont look "off"!

The bike racks on the back of those Porsche 911s don’t look the easiest to use. Nice that they were thinking of the cyclist BITD though ;)

Back