Classic steel hardtail frame. Kona, RM, saracen, orange....

tomch99

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I'm looking to get hold of an old steel hardtail frame to build up as a little summer project. Not too fussy really. A kona would be nice (explosiv, cindercone) but i'd be happy with a blizzard/hammer or even a kili or P7! If its got some P2's with it even better! Condition doesnt matter really (will probs respray). Anyone got anything sitting around?

Thanks, sorry forgot to mention size! I'd like around 18"-19" kona/RM sizing. Have riden a brand new 18.5" blizzard and its near perfect!

Orange71 thanks for the offers - the raleigh would be nice but a little to big for me - think i'll keep on looking for the moment....

Hi there and welcome,

I have a Kona 1991 Cindercone Frame in 19" that I will be moving on soon, its the Olive greeny gold one :cool:

Frame is in good shape paintwork and decals original but could do with a spruce, I have the velocity stem, 165 bars and cantilever guide ;) which will be included with frame.

Let me know if its any good and I will get you some pics and work out a price

Cheers

Thanks for your replys.

Gravy monster, any chance of some pics? my email is tomchestersATgmailDOTcom.

al-onestare, how bad is the cracking? still ok to ride?(i might want to occasionally!!) on road/off road? and replacement of the brake boss would be straightforward no? frame alignment still ok after RTA? I have no probs with the scuffed up paint work etc

tomch99":2u21be9x said:
Thanks for your replys.

Gravy monster, any chance of some pics? my email is tomchestersATgmailDOTcom.

al-onestare, how bad is the cracking? still ok to ride?(i might want to occasionally!!) on road/off road? and replacement of the brake boss would be straightforward no? frame alignment still ok after RTA? I have no probs with the scuffed up paint work etc

The cracking it tiny, really tiny and only in one spot. Allignment is unaffected.

Back