Classic Schwinn straight 8

amedias":50i82h21 said:
willing to split at all? frame and wheels?

you'd get more for it if you break

Look £620 is cheap my man for the whole thing! And iv already said offers, how cheap are you people!?? How much are you offering and dont be silly with the offer price too

no ones being silly or cheap, its just that you don't seem to be getting a lot of interest and the market for 2nd hand DH rigs is not as good as for XC bikes as a lot of them are totally shagged after a few years of use so people are wary.

Was just suggesting you might get better money if you split it up, and although~£600 isn't bad for that bike it is still a big wedge of cash to blow especially when the fork are clearly going to need some work

people are more inclined to buy smaller parts than a whole bike...
break it down an you easily have:

wheels - £120
brakes - £30 rear £40 front
seatpost £25-30
cranks £50
chain device £30
bar and stem £40
rear mech and shift £30

fork - with issues £100 - £120 maybe

and all that lot adds up to £470ish and i still missed some finishing bits...

I'm sure you could get more than £160 for the frame so you'd be doing yourself a favour by splitting and might actually get some money coming in then instead of having an unused bike....

If you're happy to hold on and sell it as a whole then good luck as it is a lovely bike and they ride awesome, if i had the money id be biting your arm off for it but unfortunately after 6 months of looking for a small one of these without success I bought something else before Xmas :-(

Matt

Ok then Matt, how much are you offering for the wheels and frame then and yea im sure I would fetch more than £160 for the frame, considering new bearings through out.

Sure its not a 15mm axle?
All of the straight 6's and 8's use specific rear hubs. 98/99 used 12mm, and 2000-> used 15mm

Nathan":33jhiunu said:
Sure its not a 15mm axle?
All of the straight 6's and 8's use specific rear hubs. 98/99 used 12mm, and 2000-> used 15mm

Yea its 12mm, its a '99 team frame, with replaced rear end in 2001(But still 12mm axle)

Back