Cheap Road, Track (Maybe MTB) bike or frame Medium

Err

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking for a cheap road frame. Might make it singlespeed as it's flat here, so horizontal dropouts would be considered. Think i need around a 50cm frame, 52 at a push, I ride 17-19" mtbs.

Returning to the UK next month so can deal in the UK or USA.

The more bits the better, this is for a beater build.

Would also consider a cheap mtb frame to build up slicks.

Dude, if you ride a 17-19" inch mtb you need a bigger road frame than a 50cm. 54cm-58cm minimum i'd say

Really? I tried my dad's and it's 52 centre to centre. I found it ok in the legs, but a little stretched front to back. A 19" mtb is nice for commuting for me, 17 or 18 preferable on trails. Any sizing advice is appreciated.

I'm 5'8".

Man, sizing bikes is so crazy. I ride 17-19 inch mtbs and 56-60cm road frames but at 6'1 a completely different size to you. Having said that my torso is the longest part with legs like morrissey so a 17 is slighty cramped. Don't let me stop ya, Get whats comfy :D

ive got a couple of old rroad bike frames ,nothing special and more vintage than owt.ill measure the seatube to see what size they are n post a pic.they;ll need repainting tho so will only be about 15 bones plus postage :D

Back