Case of mistaken Marin identity?

sandmangts":2m378uz1 said:
... Hmm, no paint grey in color and look at the dropouts. Methinks you have a Titanium frame there. His entire components list is wrong.

No, they are standard afterburner dropout (also the rear wheel is not in properly) the frame is Cro-Mo, though quality Cro-Mo

Rims are not original though.

I also thought that because it's pick up only it'd be easy to walk away from. Bit far to go for a look but not too far if it's a Team and comes in at the right price. I'll wait and see if he gets back to me. ;)

brocklanders023":30wqflij said:
I also thought that because it's pick up only it'd be easy to walk away from. Bit far to go for a look but not too far if it's a Team and comes in at the right price. I'll wait and see if he gets back to me. ;)

You do realise it's not an Orange ?

:xmas-wink:

FluffyChicken":3vzjxpa9 said:
sandmangts":3vzjxpa9 said:
... Hmm, no paint grey in color and look at the dropouts. Methinks you have a Titanium frame there. His entire components list is wrong.

No, they are standard afterburner dropout (also the rear wheel is not in properly) the frame is Cro-Mo, though quality Cro-Mo

Rims are not original though.
Makes sense, is it painted that color or clear coated? Either way it is a nice bike, sure to be a bargain if it is legit.

"Of course sirs can come and collect just leaving small 50% refundable deposit with western union or paypal and we do runners yes?"

Looks like a Team Marin to me too, just like mine. Quite a light frame too coming in at 1965g :cool:

Parkpre used the same finish and they sold it as "Ti plated finish" and i believe it did fool some people BITD that they had Ti frames.

If the auction is for the pictured bike then it should be a good bargain for someone, just watch out for rust and that finish chips easily!

SNC12881.JPG

sq_root_of_2":2iv3lbds said:
I am in Newcastle.

If anyone wants me to take a look this weekend I would be happy to and let you know what I find.

I'm interested in it so if you get chance to have a look that'd be great. Have a bad feeling about it though as bloke still has not emailed back. :(

FluffyChicken":34vuqqek said:
brocklanders023":34vuqqek said:

You do realise it's not an Orange ?

:xmas-wink:

Ha ha ha! I had noticed this but if it's legit then lots of the parts will look ace on my '93 Clockwork project. ;)

Saying that, a retro Marin is on my list of bikes I'd like to take a look at along with an '89-'92 Saracen, GT RTS, and..... Well, just loads more Oranges really. :oops: :cool:

Back