Can you identify these brakes?

ArabStrap1

Dirt Disciple
Hi there, I had these brakes fitted on my Colnago tecnos but never been able to find out the model and year - do you have any clue? They should be campag cause many details are stamped "campagnolo" and "patent" but there is another symbol engraved on the actual brakes I can not recognize - any clue?

here's some pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_20120115_210044.jpg
    IMG_20120115_210044.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_20120115_210202.jpg
    IMG_20120115_210202.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 604
They look like Campagnolo Record ,but they have had some pantograph (custom engraving) work done on them , a desirable feature in my book . Brake pads aren't the originals , and I have no idea what the little logo is .

The curve on the quick release dates them post 1978 IIRC The release levers before that were flat.

As above, campag with pantograph work :)

Shaun

Midlife":d360m1xy said:
The curve on the quick release dates them post 1978 IIRC The release levers before that were flat.

As above, campag with pantograph work :)

Shaun

+1

Nicely done. The other mark is possibly a logo for the supplier/engraver?

Thanks guys, I thought they were record but got confused by that logo engraved. Rather than the supplier or engraver, wouldn't make more sense if it was the logo of the a bike manufacturer? Can't think of any name, though. Will try to take a closere picture and use TinEye to scan the net.

Cheers!

ArabStrap1":29l3icqa said:
Thanks guys, I thought they were record but got confused by that logo engraved. Rather than the supplier or engraver, wouldn't make more sense if it was the logo of the a bike manufacturer? Can't think of any name, though. Will try to take a closere picture and use TinEye to scan the net.

Cheers!

That was my original thought but as you said they came from a Colnago and that is not the Colnago logo I altered my opinion. Did you get the bike complete?

Yes, they were fitted on the Colnago Tecnos I just bought complete but the previous owner had built it up with mixed old/new parts so I guess these brakes were made for another frame originally also because the Tecnos I bought is a 1996 whereas these are probably older (end '80 - beginning of '90?). I'll keep investigating - meanwhile I'll be grateful for any lead. Ta

Hi,
is it just me or does the engraving look a bit like a 'U', if it is then the brakes could have been pantographed for the Systeme U squad bikes of the 80's?. Anyway just a thought :D . Matt

Back