can anyone identify this bike?

Just a quick response and thanks for everyone's help! Bike arrived and it is a Falcon -
It has an Allvit rear mech, lovely lugs, wrap over seat stays etc. I just have to try an find out what model it might be now! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think it will date to the early 60s.

Attachments

• falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 5
From where I am sitting, the head badge certainly looks like a Falcon item.
Just a quick response and thanks for your help! Bike arrived and it is a Falcon -
It has an Allvit rear mech, lovely lugs, wrap over seat stays etc. I just have to try an find out what model it might be now! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think it will date to the early 60s.

Attachments

• falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 0
-----

dropouts appear either Cyclo of England or Agrati

Cyclo dropouts would be consistent with a Falcon/Coventry Eagle product

pulleys on the Allvit rear mech appear to be all metal, last year for this was 1965

presence of GB brake levers and centrepull hangers suggests original brake calipers may have been GB model Coureur 66 which launched in '62. this, when combined with all metal derailleur pulleys would bracket machine's birth annum to the '62-'65 window

chainset Williams or Nicklin replica thereof

did it come with pedals?

if it were a Carlton product shell will be underwidth, about 66.5mm

serial placement and format may be of assistance

-----
Just a quick response and thanks for your help! Bike arrived and it is a Falcon -

Attachments

• falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 1
Back