Can any of you help me identify this early Marzocchi's???

GENERAL
Fully hydraulic air sprung/oil dampened multi-valve design.
Air pressure regulation by “Schraeder” valve.
On the fly damping adjustment via external knob on each fork leg at 6 positions.
Weight: 2.95 lbs. o 1339 grams.
Standard air pressure: 3.5 Bar (51 psi).
Steer tube: High strength steel with variable wall thickness available in
different lengths: 1” - 1 1/8" - 1 1/4".
Crown: Forged T6-6082 offset alloy, externally machined for reduced weight.
Arch: die-cast
Stanchions: Hard chromed chromoly steel - Ø1.023 in. o Ø 26 mm
Sliders: cast in a special alloy for a low friction
Travel: 2 inches o 50 mm.
Seals: Computer designed oil seal guarantee the best seal. The exclusive
Marzocchi design offers the greatest seal reliability.
Oil: Specially formulated Marzocchi oil eliminates foaming and viscosity
breakdown while providing stiction free performance. SAE 20 (Item 52.51).

It looks like a Marzocchi Nitro. When Bombers came out Marzocchi produced an xc 700- Bomber Hybrid. it had the XCR outers and a coil spring inside, in an oil open bath, with 5 cm of travel.
So are you sure it's an air-oil fork? I'm not saying you are not competent, but those stickers and paint scheme are Nitro's which means that it could be an XCR made with Nitro stanchions, or it is possible that the forks have been repainted and rebadged.

novekili":1hzaihep said:
It looks like a Marzocchi Nitro. When Bombers came out Marzocchi produced an xc 700- Bomber Hybrid. it had the XCR outers and a coil spring inside, in an oil open bath, with 5 cm of travel.
So are you sure it's an air-oil fork? I'm not saying you are not competent, but those stickers and paint scheme are Nitro's which means that it could be an XCR made with Nitro stanchions, or it is possible that the forks have been repainted and rebadged.

I am sure i it's an air-oil fork.

And you can see the picture 5

I have an identical set of forks to those except they are yellow with a 1" threaded steerer. They seem to be 96 from their serial number and say Special Edition on them.

This thread has now told me the air pressure I need for them or at least that my friend needs for we fitted them to his old ridgeback to save his wrists as he rides around Glentress.

I like them, but another friend has told me never to try and take them apart without a good tool kit and service manual. He did, couldn't rebuild them and had to seek out proffessional help :roll:

Cheers

novekili":149qbltd said:

I just find a Marzocchi Nitro in our city.

This is Marzocchi Nitro .

I want to konw . What's the difference between XC 700, XCR,AND Nitro??

Which fork is better??

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 846
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 846
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 846
Thats a 1997 nitro.

Last air oil, ran alongside the new bomber forks.

Based on the previous XCR.

Back