Campagnolo Ergo "retroversion"

kbmpi

Retro Guru
Hello :)

I know that second gen 9speed levers (with the round hoods, V2, manufactured from 1998.) can be converted to 10 speed.

BUT, can they accept 8speed ratchet ring as well?

I have 8speed setup currently with new cassette-chain, etc, but ran into a bdget offer for old 9speed daytona levers, and I was thinking about getting them and simply just swapping the internals for 8speed.

This would give me more comfortable grip& practically new levers, whereas my old 8speed ergos are a bit soft-have worn-torn hoods, scratchy-blemished levers, etc..

Can I fit the 8speed ratchet?

Re:

Yes, they can.
We have the parts in stock to do it.
Please PM?

Graeme
Velotech Cycling Ltd
Campagnolo main UK Technical and Service Centre

Sent you a PM

why would I need any parts additionaly? Can't I just get the 8speed ring from the old ergos and install them to the new ones?

Re:

according to wheeldoctor, the retroversion is not possible, because the 8speed ratchet won't fit into later levers. :roll: Is there anyone who can confirm it?

Re:

Every man and his dog suggests that you can't convert 8 to 9 so why should the reverse be possible?
As you can do 9 to 10 in certain versions this would suggest that 8 to 10 would work and I am damn sure it won't. 2 versions of 9 exist don't they so maybe 8 can go to early 9 thus 9 down to 8? Would love to know. Much prefer my old Records 8's but also like the rest as 10.

Op. Wild thought here and I may not have thought it through properly but maybe we could swap my 8's for your 9's?

I don't think that's a good idea :) Postage to the UK from Hungary and vice versa can be a bit...

not too reasonably priced :)

Back