Wanted Campagnolo Chorus/Athena 8/9 speed rear derailleur

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
I posted a wanted thread for the brakes a while back, but after some dithering about those I'm also now after a few other parts so I thought I'd start a new thread.

All parts do need to be in nice condition as they will be going on a resprayed frame.

- 8 speed rear derailleur

- Chorus/Athena monoplanar brakes (NOW SORTED)
- Triple FD (braze on) (NOW SORTED)
- Possibly a triple crankset (NOW SORTED)

Thanks

Last edited:
Here’s a few options for you.

IMG_3189.jpeg

Chorus 8s rear mech in excellent original condition. £40

IMG_3191.jpeg

Veloce triple front mech. 28.6 band. Would clean up nicely but there’s a bit of wear to the plates. £10

IMG_3188.jpeg

Triple chainsets (clockwise from top left)

Veloce 170mm 50/39/30 with like-new TA outer. The other two rings are original Campagnolo with plenty wear left. £30

Veloce 175mm 52/42/30 with all original Campagnolo rings all showing signs of wear but all still useable. £25

Record triple 170mm 48/39/30 TA rings with original Campagnolo inner. £40

Racing T 175mm 52/42/30 TA rings with original Campagnolo inner. £40

Let me know if you want any more photos/info.

Attachments

• IMG_3190.jpeg
    IMG_3190.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3192.jpeg
    IMG_3192.jpeg
    855.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I’ve also got these brakes if they’re of interest. All-original annd fully functional Athena? Would polish up nicely. £40

IMG_3193.jpeg
IMG_3194.jpeg IMG_3196.jpeg

Many thanks @Walterscot. I forgot to say that I'm after a braze-on FD, sorry - I always forget one important detail!

I've also just got a Chorus triple for a very good price, but the cranks are very marked so I'm going to try polishing them out - however, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the pitting remains, and your sets look nicer, so I may well get back to you about one of those.

Finally - the Athena brakes are exactly what I'm after, I'm just wondering about those annoying bolt caps which nearly always get a bit rusty like these ones have. They would clean up a bit, but still be a bit marked. Do you think you could do them for £35 posted?

Last edited:
Cool, you can have the brakes for £35 posted. Send me a PM to arrange.
Will do - but as I might want one of those chainsets after all, do you mind if I hold off until I see what I can do with the rough Chorus one I''ll be getting? Then if I do need one, you can send it with the brakes at the same time? Hopefully it'll arrive in a few days or so. I'll confirm as soon as I know. Thanks 👍

Back