Campagnolo Black and White derailleur!!?

Canuk

Retro Guru
I've seen Graphite finish Athena, even gold plated but black and white? Did I miss something on the Campagnolo timeline!? It's nos, boxed from a guy selling lots of nos parts

Attachments

• IMG_20240922_131154.jpg
    IMG_20240922_131154.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 7
As far as I know it wasn't launched commercially but occasionally Campagnolo do produce "specials" as demos for OEM. Could be it's one of those, or maybe someone dropped the roll-pins out of the parallelogram assembly (do-able with the right kit) and painted it AM.

As an example of a "special", I have a full prototype Potenza group, for instance, branded Athena, made before the name Potenza was settled on, used as a show-piece for potential OEMs.

It's all a little too perfect to be done after market - and it's in the original box. I wonder if they were trying to emulate the Shimano Sante group with it's pearlescent finish? I've seen quite a few factory anodised vintage Super Record parts (gold and black) but never anything as wacky as this. I suppose collectors will always pay over the odds for rare pieces.

I like the Swiss custom made ICS parts. They were gold plating Campagnolo 20 years before anyone else.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240922_183332.jpg
    IMG_20240922_183332.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
Their 3D adjustable Super Record rear derailleur was a very nice piece of kit. Pay 1000's for an example now

Back