Campag 10 speed era single pivot rear brakes

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Has anyone got an exploded diagram for these? I have a chorus one that just will not stay centered. Attachment bolt is correctly tightened, and no amount of tension screw adjustment has an effect. Maybe the whole lot just needs adjusting on the main pivot bolt, but I'd like a look at the manual before I start messing with it..

Sorry. I read brakes but heard derailleur. It's a rather nice bottle of red...

Normally this is just a function of how the centre bolt is held relative to the frame. If it's wandering, it normally means that the centre bolt is not being held tightly, which may mean as simple as washers missing or in the wrong position. Is this nut or Allen bolt fitting.

Can you describe the problem a bit more? I don't have a diagram but have never been defeated by a caller.

That's what's bugging me, centre bolt is held tight to the frame, it's the arms that appear a little loose on the bolt. Probably just need tightening up, and it's probably pretty simple, but I'd like to see the manual just to check before I start

I couldn't find I on the campag website either, but that link to Disraeligears is exactly what I need, thanks!

Thin shim washers between the arms to prevent them binding against each other. Then is just about friction between the arms and the spring. I can't imagine in a Campagnolo caliper that you're experiencing the sorts of problems that you find in a heavily corroded spring; far more likely that something is preventing the arms moving freely. Take the cable and blocks out of the picture and see how it behaves when you squeeze the mounted caliper with your hand. Does it stay centred?
I suspect you know all this. I'm just trying to eliminate anything obvious.

Just took the caliper apart, cleaned and oiled all the pivot washers, turned the spring round, and it seems to be working fine now. It was just a combination of gunk and an uneven spring, I think

Back