Building my new frame - shiney frame pics added!

Re: Re:

makster":156l4i53 said:
11-38 Doug. I very rarely come off of my 36T big ring on the 2x10 set up with this cassette, so I think this should work a treat.
Hopefully we'll get to find out at 24/12 next week :D

Sounds like an interesting plan, I'm really looking forward to seeing this bike!....hmm interesting as I've just got 11-36 rear with a 26-38 crankset...what is brand is the 11-38? Not Shimano?

Re: Re:

makster":16bmm0w2 said:
I'm toying with the idea of grabbing hold of the frame in one place with a bare hand before it goes. That way my hand-print will slowly appear in surface rust under the clearcoat :cool:

dip your fingers in paint and leave finger prints - that way it will have your personal mark plus be easier to trace if/when it gets stolen.

oh, and I sure you are aware, the frame needs to be cleaned and not touched by hand afterwares so there are no marks on it prior to the clearcoat.

Re:

It's been a while so I thought I'd add an update.
It turns out that a polished surface and traditional paint don't mix!
My mate tried applying a clear-coat but the paint wouldn't bind to the metal as there was nothing to stick too.
This has meant a delay while I decided what to do.
I toyed with just getting it painted a plain colour so I could at least try riding the thing, but I've decided to take the frame down to clockwork powder coating (as suggested earlier in this thread) for a clear powder coat.
The ball-ache with this is that I've had to remove all of the decals :roll:
I'm working in Eastbourne all next week, so it's being dropped into clockwork on Monday am and should be coming home with me on Friday.
My next target to get it built up is this.... http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/
All of the parts are ready to go. I'm having a few issues getting one tyre to seal on my SLR's but I've splashed out on a high volume track pump to see if that helps

Re:

:xmas-big-grin: Coolio-lookin forward to seeing it finished! That BBB looks the business too.Thinking about getting one of mine sprayed with-wait for it-a teflon-based aircraft paint we used to spray on wing edges/ailerons in our old work,trying to contact my old workmates to see if something can be 'arranged' as its stupidly expensive :facepalm: think I've said too much already....you ain't seen me,roight?

Re:

I collected the frame on Thursday.
I'm really pleased with the job that Clockwork did on the powder coat.
I just wish I'd used them a month ago :roll:

I'll be starting a build thread in readers bikes this evening :D

Re:

:D What an amazing thread. Just read from start to finish, a great job on the frame. Look forward to seeing the build thread.

Back