British Eagle Pro Carbon.

I remember the British Eagle BOSS, friends had some, stripped them down to bare alu and made quite a strong and reasonable nice frame, but then they where supersized tubes.

May want to talk to sinnett177 as he is in contact with Adrian Timmis as he was with the British Eagle team in 1991 (according to some websites)

Here's my Bristish Eagle BOSS in need of a clean
DSC09331.jpg

Inspect all the joins VERY closely - I wouldnt want to use that for anything other than looking at and maybe a trip for sweets and comics.

legrandefromage":3j7wzue1 said:
Inspect all the joins VERY closely - I wouldnt want to use that for anything other than looking at and maybe a trip for sweets and comics.

What's your basis for saying that? I've had one from new in the mid 90s adn have ridden it on pretty gnarly stuff with no problem!

If you dont know the history of the bike - you have no idea what its been through, it would just be common sense.

Can I just but in there :) I know exactly where this frame came from and it's past history.
I was given this bike frame along with the original wheelset from a friend of mine at work.
His Father in Law bought 2 of these British Eagles and my friend is still in posession of the other one.
They have both not really seen much use and when I got this one last week it was covered in cobwebs and sawdust as it had been stored in a garage for the past 10 years! :shock:

So I have no hesitation in getting out and riding this when I get it all back together. ;)

Their E-stay bikes were built like brick shit houses, the medium frames were close to 5-1/2lbs. (That frame will be going strong long after all the Manitous in the world have met with untimely deaths).

It never ceases to amaze me why a company would copy an E-stay design and then stick the back wheel way out back there.

Brawn and no brains...

;)

i remember my lbs in banbury having a couple of very expensive (well to me at the time they were) £1000 british eagles in the window in the early 90,s
they were both fitted with some early magura,s and front sus and completly black inc all components
looked fapping ace and i wanted one big time (made my diamond back topanga look piss poor)

rob

legrandefromage":jkbveehd said:
If you dont know the history of the bike - you have no idea what its been through, it would just be common sense.

generally a fair point, but these frames are pretty much bombproof!

Back