British Eagle Pro Carbon.

doogie

Retro Guru
Can anyone enlighten me on this bike? :?
Is it retro and if so what year was it made?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Attachments

• DSCF1669.JPG
    DSCF1669.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 2,348
  • DSCF1670.JPG
    DSCF1670.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,348
  • DSCF1671.JPG
    DSCF1671.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,348
Hi

Other than the fact that there is one in Germany i cant find out more than they only make low end Halfords type bikes now, but thats obviously not the case with yours as its nice from what i can see and carbon bikes a normally pretty expensive. The one in Germany is for sale at 150E

After a bit more digging they are part of the Falcon bikes empire, you will know their premium brand Claud Butler best.

i've seen a pic of Carlton Reid on a yellow alu British Eagle Boss somewhere, may have been MBUK 20th aniversary.... doesnt seem to much about them anywhere...

Had a 501 cromo tubed british eagle around 1992.Seemed to be falcons 'top end 'bikes at the time.Later churned out catalogue bikes branded boss.Never seen a carbon one though.Where did you come across it?

That looks like a rebadged SR Sakae frame. There was an all-aluminium one called the Litage with similar construction. The fork's pretty distinctive. Never seen one in real life, or indeed one branded British Eagle, but I expect they were sold under that name sometime. Early 90s if that's the original kit.

bike

they did some nice bikes in the early 90,s my brother had one of the high spec alluminum ones .built it up and get on the stand at mm09

early nineties,believe they were sr sakae frames markes as british eagle,theyre built up the road from me still ;)

i remember that bike, nice.

ive had two British Eagles, both shadow's, the first had 400LX the second full deore lx, they made some ok bikes in the early nineties, reynolds 531 frames, some good components but they always saved money by spec'in crap stems / seatposts / bars / pedals.

sadly their brief flutter with mid range bikes went largly unoticed and most people only know them for cheap leisure tat.

Back