British Eagle Pro-Carbon project

Hey.
A bit late joining this forum/thread, but I have a Pro Carbon too. Had it from new (1992) and it cost around £800. Oversized tubes, XT groupset and cable guides are on the top!
Was wondering where you got your decals from as 1992 me peeled them off!

I’ve ridden it, raced it, toured off road fully laden with panniers and more recently it’s been a winter commuter. Never had any trouble and love it to death.

Hey, good to find another bike that has survived and still being used. Dirt Disciple had his decals made up recently so should be able to share details.

Moto

Re:

That would be great.
Also do/did you folks go to the Iconoclassic Retro MTB Bike Show st Warwick?
I showed my Pro Carbon Bike there about 3 yrs ago (no others there at the time).

Hi,

Great to see another one on here, that's three so far that I know of then. Yes I got my decals made up from Gil in the link above. Mine actually came in silver which makes the bike look awesome in my opinion. As he had to make new proofs for me with the assistance of Moto taking measurements from his, he will have them on file so dead easy for you to order now.

Re:

Well not that my Dean is pretty much finished I thought I'd turn my attention to this bike again, I originally built it up with the M739 groupset which was completely wrong for the period but all that I had knocking around. So anyway now I have put the correct XT set on it as would have been fitted back in 1991/2. I've also fitted XT thumb shifters which I haven't used in over 15 years and they are an absolute dream.

Keeping busy right now is an absolute must.

L5jsUcO.jpg

s8WlQIU.jpg

7l5sYLb.jpg

l4RiZy1.jpg

I have to admit setting up the brakes on the front was an absolute pain, the pads kept rubbing on the tyre and after remounting the tyre a couple of times I just accepted that it's old and slightly bulging at one place. Guess over the decades they just wear out, such as life but this bike will never be ridden hard as it'll most likely be a death trap.

Back