BoTM - March 2009 - Nominations Please

hairstream":3w0ln4uq said:
Ah yes. The Dr. is in. :LOL:

Looking through the contestants I'm starting to wish I wasn't :shock: Bloody quality month again. The Merlin is soo nice, the Kona and Voodoo are so bloody clean and well balanced builds, the rare MS in timewarp fettle, another cool Raleigh, that AMP looks stunning and makes me pine for AMP forks on something again, but most of all that Saracen- wow, that is really pushing my button every time I see it.

Keep them coming!

Si

Now in full detail in the readers rides

This is my first post so why not enter a bike?
1984 Cook Bros. Bonzo Fury. Full CBR kit including the crank, bottom bracket, hubs, and very rare mtn. handlebars. The rest is built with Dear-Head except for Suntour freewheel. Oh the seat-post wich is original is a Nitto made Shimano 600 EX. Stem is a CBR modified Nitto made Tioga BMX stem. I changed the brake levers from the original Deer-Heads to the Tomaselli motorcycle levers. The pieces that are out of place were things I changed to make it better suited for actual use: Pedals, seat, seat QR, and Euclid cable hangers(love these). Bike was fully rebuilt with new Phil Wood bearings throughout. Original Hatta BMX headset was replaced with a new Sealed bearing version of the same headset "the Kongo". Still running the original brake pads and cables. Just cleaned and re-lubed. Headtube decal is a BMX version I added. These bike never had decals. One of a handful of non BMX bikes to come out of the factory. My 2nd favorite bike to ride the trails with. Climbs like a mule.

BTW: Hi my name is Chris and I'm an addict. I look forward to not getting the help I need to stop here at RetroBike.

1378140010_2799996b77_t.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Well you won't see many grander intro's than that :shock: superb and what a month it'll be :D

Caramba Kid":twp3s6de said:
Rimspoke2":twp3s6de said:
1984 Cook Bros. Bonzo Fury.[/img]

:shock: :cool: What you gonna do for your 2nd post? ;)

Excuse me ladies. Blew my wad walking in the door. Its all down hill from here. :LOL:

Rimspoke2":xugtb2o9 said:
1984 Cook Bros. Bonzo Fury. Full CBR kit including the crank, bottom bracket, hubs, and very rare mtn. handlebars. The rest is built with Dear-Head except for Suntour freewheel. Oh the seat-post wich is original is a Nitto made Shimano 600 EX. Stem is a CBR modified Nitto made Tioga BMX stem. I changed the brake levers from the original Deer-Heads to the Tomaselli motorcycle levers. The pieces that are out of place were things I changed to make it better suited for actual use: Pedals, seat, seat QR, and Euclid cable hangers(love these). Bike was fully rebuilt with new Phil Wood bearings throughout. Original Hatta BMX headset was replaced with a new Sealed bearing version of the same headset "the Kongo". Still running the original brake pads and cables. Just cleaned and re-lubed. Headtube decal is a BMX version I added. These bike never had decals. One of a handful of non BMX bikes to come out of the factory. My 2nd favorite bike to ride the trails with. Climbs like a mule.

BTW: Hi my name is Chris and I'm an addict. I look forward to not getting the help I need to stop here at RetroBike.

1378140010_2799996b77_t.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Stunning! Two of the nicest 80's bikes I've seen on here, and both in the same month! Great work, and welcome to the site :D

Back