BoTM - March 2009 - Nominations Please

I hesitate to do this, what with the CBR in the mix, but I'm not one to hold on to a nomination and wait for a better chance, so trial by fire it is!

So I'll nominate my Cannondale M800 Beast of the East. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3265.jpg
    IMG_3265.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,258
  • IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,258
  • IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,258
  • IMG_3260.jpg
    IMG_3260.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,258
That Cooks is lovely- Best first post ever?

At the moment its a toss up between that and the Saracen for me.

Crikey!: that cooks does the wang. Brings a tear to the eye.

Is that lush stem annodised to match the paint job?

Superb.

I believe an attempt was made to take the anodizing off the stem with easy off that was not finished. Turned out perfect. In the clamp area, its black anodized. Previous owner was a ex-employee of CBR employee. Or his father rather.

After looking at the entries so far all I have to say is man you fellas don't mess around. Here's my entry...

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01055.jpg
[/img]

That's cool :cool:

What's that rear brake like though? It seems a ridiculous place to put a brake, especially on an MTB :?

Rimspoke2":1vou1ffj said:
This is my first post so why not enter a bike?
1984 Cook Bros. Bonzo Fury. Full CBR kit including the crank, bottom bracket, hubs, and very rare mtn. handlebars. The rest is built with Dear-Head except for Suntour freewheel. Oh the seat-post wich is original is a Nitto made Shimano 600 EX. Stem is a CBR modified Nitto made Tioga BMX stem. I changed the brake levers from the original Deer-Heads to the Tomaselli motorcycle levers. The pieces that are out of place were things I changed to make it better suited for actual use: Pedals, seat, seat QR, and Euclid cable hangers(love these). Bike was fully rebuilt with new Phil Wood bearings throughout. Original Hatta BMX headset was replaced with a new Sealed bearing version of the same headset "the Kongo". Still running the original brake pads and cables. Just cleaned and re-lubed. Headtube decal is a BMX version I added. These bike never had decals. One of a handful of non BMX bikes to come out of the factory. My 2nd favorite bike to ride the trails with. Climbs like a mule.

BTW: Hi my name is Chris and I'm an addict. I look forward to not getting the help I need to stop here at RetroBike.

1378140010_2799996b77_t.jpg

:eek: oooooooo
I'm ready to cast my vote.

Back