BoTM January 2009 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on guys, its all just supposed to be a bit of fun. Who really cares? I won twice last year and apart from the odd autograph and handshake on the high street, the occasional supermarket opening, after dinner speach and the persistant calls from Kylies 'people', it hasn't changed my life all that much.

I do think however that Mike has ruined BoTM this month and we should burn him alive and feast on his testicles :LOL: :LOL:

Si

Dr S":2mq7436i said:
I do think however that Mike has ruined BoTM this month and we should burn him alive and feast on his testicles :LOL: :LOL:

Si

I'll pour the petrol. You can get your knife and fork out...

Dr S":7fm94cx2 said:
Oh come on guys, its all just supposed to be a bit of fun.

Oh, don't worry, I don't think Paul and I are having a go at each other, just a constructive argument about how we would both like to help you with the petrol and lighter!

Anyway, Paul works only round the corner from me and as his name suggests, he is Tall and so I would never do anything to piss him off too much...... ;)

pete_mcc":3tr0j5bd said:
The point I was trying to humorously make about the specials was that if that Raleigh went in a Replica special it would lose

Replica, REPLICA!!!! I'll wash your mouth out with soap and water Pete :LOL:

This Raleigh is the genuine article, as raced in the worlds top mtb'ing events by that man Adrian Timmis BITD, correct in spec, with all its battle scars intact and still ridden today as it was intended by me and indeed Adrian. This bike was made at the peak of Team Raleigh's dominance and is a true icon of the era of British mtb'ing I enjoyed.

The Yeti is fantastic and i'm sure the owner is delighted with the products of his frame builders efforts. It is a great replica and extremely well specced. Unfortunately though IMO it's missed the bus by some 20 years. I cannot heap enough praise on Ameybrook and take my hat off to him for his vision and determination in building this bike and wish him all the best in this BoTM competition.

However, I think people are doing all the entrants of this months BoTM a great discredit in forecasting a white wash in the results. I adore Kaiser's Specialized and think the Klein Patriot is absolutely stunning. I also feel my Raleigh will hold it's own as those with racing pedigree with see my bike for what it is. Good luck to all.

sinnett177":2ftl5md0 said:
pete_mcc":2ftl5md0 said:
The point I was trying to humorously make about the specials was that if that Raleigh went in a Replica special it would lose

Replica, REPLICA!!!! I'll wash your mouth out with soap and water Pete :LOL:

This Raleigh is the genuine article, as raced in the worlds top mtb'ing events by that man Adrian Timmis BITD, correct in spec, with all its battle scars intact and still ridden today as it was intended by me and indeed Adrian. This bike was made at the peak of Team Raleigh's dominance and is a true icon of the era of British mtb'ing I enjoyed.

The Yeti is fantastic and i'm sure the owner is delighted with the products of his frame builders efforts. It is a great replica and extremely well specced. Unfortunately though IMO it's missed the bus by some 20 years. I cannot heap enough praise on Ameybrook and take my hat off to him for his vision and determination in building this bike and wish him all the best in this BoTM competition.

However, I think people are doing all the entrants of this months BoTM a great discredit in forecasting a white wash in the results. I adore Kaiser's Specialized and think the Klein Patriot is absolutely stunning. I also feel my Raleigh will hold it's own as those with racing pedigree with see my bike for what it is. Good luck to all.

Good stuff all around, I agree with every word. Although I'm stoked with my bike, it would certainly be stoked-er if it was Juli's bike :)

im not so sure the yeti is going to win....... its a spectacular build but its not the one im going to vote for, i reakon a lot of people will feel the same way too. i defo Dont think it blows everything else out the water. :)

Shit. Looks like I need to ready the goose fat and orange paint and practice my singing then! :?

I'd not be 100% sure on the outcome. As BoTM has shown again and again one can never be sure :LOL:

Interesting month for sure though with 3 or 4 really strong entrants. Game on!

As for giving entrants this month a 'free pass' into another month I don't think that's sporting. I'm sure the runners up will be able to re-enter their bikes into a special month should they chose. Also sure the winner won't re-enter their bike in future BoTMs.

wonder what we'll do if someone wins BoTM 3 times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back