BoTM April 2K+8 - get your nominations in

MadCowKev":3mobgfqv said:
ameybrook":3mobgfqv said:
...But the Tinker is a winner. Possibly the most important VRC bike since the JTR.

there's alot of Ned/Specialized fans out there dude - I reckon even Kai may vote for yours :D

That's very highly possible - after all, I am a Specialized and Ned fan and one should vote for something other than one's own bike...

Unfortunately I don't have the required £3k bike to join in this month :cry: For me so far it has to be the Manitou FS. Ned replica is cool but the Klein is fugly IMO :shock:

'95 Cannondale M900

Well I may as well submit my Cannondale. I don't expect any votes with these other fine submissions in the race but it's been a trusty bike that has outlasted every other bike I've owned and that counts for something.

Attachments

• IM000348.JPG
    IM000348.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,474
  • IM000345.JPG
    IM000345.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,474
andy.l":2duk6kys said:
For me the Mani FS,hopefully have the Funk up here soon :cool:

Don't think I'll be putting mine up, theres no chainrings or cantis on it at the moment :roll: Don't think any of the other RB Funks are finished either.

Deffo with you on the Mani FS, I like it muchos. Klein paintjob ain't my favourite but still very nice. Sure looks like being another cracking month. Might even get a british win, I think John might have to do a Rosbif only special next month if those damn Frenchies keep on winning!!
S

Re: '95 Cannondale M900

David Gibson":op01zs2t said:
Well I may as well submit my Cannondale. I don't expect any votes with these other fine submissions in the race but it's been a trusty bike that has outlasted every other bike I've owned and that counts for something.

I like the 'Dale - that was one of my favourite bikes BITD. And priced so that mere mortals could afford one too. Isn't this 1995 model ?
Could you change the 2nd pic to something else since the both are essentially from the same angle ? Maybe a shot from the front ?

JeRkY":k0s59kvo said:
meh kleins are too common, and to be honest the storm paint job is frankly ugly in my opinion.

Heh, luckily only about 30 of these Team Storm bikes have ever been made.

What comes to the paintjob, naturally the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me and many other Storm and Nightstorm paintjobs are the most beautiful and desirable ones.

ponced up klein

I don't think it's poncing up when recreating one of the iconic race bikes in the MTB history :roll:

At the end of the day it doesnt matter if your bike cost £3k and has never been used

Good thing then that my Klein has been a real race bike and has its fair share of battle bruises...

But you're right - price doesn't matter at all, the quality of the build does.
You can build a great retrobike out of basic Exage LX bike and have a crappy build with bling parts if done badly. So there's no need for feeling inferior if your bike is built with lower budget than someone else's.

Yes it is getting very annoying . :?

it would be nice if criticism could be a bit more constructive , and if bike owner dont like their bikes being commented on or criticised , maybe they should keep them locked in their garages , not put on display on a public forum . :evil:

Back