Bontrager Fork restoration

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello to all

I recently acquired a set of vintage Bonty Composite forks from another user here on the forum, and I must say that the quality of the condition turned out to be pretty damn poor for what I paid for them which wasn't declared. :evil:

I'm going to restore them to new/factory, and got in touch with Rampage, as I knew that he could deal with the anodising, but unfortunately, he can't deal with the chroming on the legs.

Therefore, does anyone know / can recommend someone that can deal with the chroming and/or both? Has anyone restored classic forks like this and can share their experience of how it went / who they used?

Any replies - much appreciated.

Re: Re:

holden":13ivy51a said:
You should mention the seller.

You might be right - but the guy I bought them from is pretty high profile on this forum and much longer standing than I am - I can totally see it turning against me if I did this... It's still totally out of order to send forks, that you're selling for a large three figure sum, and not disclose rust on the chroming....

Still, I've been had over. I may as well get them restored now that I've got them, so would appreciate any suggestions on who can do these!

Re:

Sorry to hear the news chap…

I would post some pictures up, the rusting may not be as bad as seems and a fair few folk have done wonders with cleaning up chrome without resorting to spending £££ on rechroming.

Take a look at the BMX forum on here as well as many a chrome frame has been restored on there, you'll see what I mean :)

Latest posts

Back