I was barracked- why am I happy?

Lol my mate complained on a ride out the other day that my rear light flashing was annoying him. Obviously I left it as it was.

Don’t get me started on people in vehicles having blue lights displayed what’s that about? Never used to be a thing but now I see lorries and even tractors with blue (as in emergency service blue not just bright white) leds in strips etc. What does it add? Is it a not subtle fingers up to police or something?

So, an anecdotal glance into the oncoming glares whilst on the morning commute

Just about anything with factory fit Led or laser white lights was dazzling wnen compared to older halogen.

These new lights are often controlled by cameras in the windscreen. They have object recognition software and are supposed to switch between high beam / low beam as required plus many are also self levelling to the terrain

This is great when the lenses are perctlly clean and new but within a few months of driving, micropitting then acts as a diffuser scattering this almost pure wavelength white light, rain is even worse

I can't believe that manufacturers have overlooked this but it was very obvious that the latest vehicles were guilty of dazzling

Plus, cars are BIG, X5, X6, Cayenne, etc, lights are higher too

Given what I have learnt about the car industry, they really don't care anyway

So, an anecdotal glance into the oncoming glares whilst on the morning commute

Just about anything with factory fit Led or laser white lights was dazzling wnen compared to older halogen.

These new lights are often controlled by cameras in the windscreen. They have object recognition software and are supposed to switch between high beam / low beam as required plus many are also self levelling to the terrain

This is great when the lenses are perctlly clean and new but within a few months of driving, micropitting then acts as a diffuser scattering this almost pure wavelength white light, rain is even worse

I can't believe that manufacturers have overlooked this but it was very obvious that the latest vehicles were guilty of dazzling

Plus, cars are BIG, X5, X6, Cayenne, etc, lights are higher too

Given what I have learnt about the car industry, they really don't care anyway
As I understand it the last Tesla update has the headlights on permanent main beam, it just dips the parts of it that point at the oncoming vehicle.

Back