BMX, your thoughts?

I’m all for it. I kinda want to build a 24 or 26” BMX of some variety in the future. I have an SE STR-29 quadangle which is a 29” bmx, it’s great for just cruising around but it’s big and heavy and not easy to do faster bmx stuff.
View attachment 863930
That looks superb
29” wheels ?

That’s a steal! And looks great. What kind of tricks can you do with it ? Or jump stuff ?
I just jump off stuff, no skills at tricks. Many many lifetimes ago, I rolled with some guys who had flatland BMX bikes, a GT Performer, a Haro Master, and a Norco Freestyler. If only I knew then, what I know now, every one of those bikes was abandoned in sheds to older teenage pursuits... I learned a few of the basics, but haven't done anything since the 80s. Never anything extreme like what's on the x games nowadays

I just jump off stuff, no skills at tricks. Many many lifetimes ago, I rolled with some guys who had flatland BMX bikes, a GT Performer, a Haro Master, and a Norco Freestyler. If only I knew then, what I know now, every one of those bikes was abandoned in sheds to older teenage pursuits... I learned a few of the basics, but haven't done anything since the 80s. Never anything extreme like what's on the x games nowadays
Man that’s what I want to do. But any such parks are thin on the ground around here. I did take a drop doing a wheelie - was going so well but then I went over backwards 😂🤣 too cumbersome with a mashed up knee and old to have hopped off when I should’ve

I looked up those BMx’s - they cost a bomb!!

I looked up those BMx’s - they cost a bomb!!
The scary thing is, the ones I mentioned riding as a kid were mid-school. Collecting vintage BMX took off before vintage MTB did. The prices are stratospheric. If you want a real shock, look up original cook Bros stuff, it'll melt your mustache

The scary thing is, the ones I mentioned riding as a kid were mid-school. Collecting vintage BMX took off before vintage MTB did. The prices are stratospheric. If you want a real shock, look up original cook Bros stuff, it'll melt your mustache
I’ve been looking the last couple of weeks.
Old skool BMX bikes and components are sky high in price. Quite a bit more than even the most exotic retro MTB. Yes I had a look see at the Cook stuff 😐😐😐

Just been looking at the Bmxmuseum website and the costs of those retro BMX bikes - and parts!

Suspect vintage BMX is a much bigger market than vintage MTB which might help drive prices up. But yeah, those prices are insane.

Suspect vintage BMX is a much bigger market than vintage MTB which might help drive prices up. But yeah, those prices are insane.
Yes judging by the forums and also eBay it’s much bigger. Which leads me to wonder why the old skool BMX forum on retrobike is very quiet compared to road and MTB.

I wonder whether a one off BMX of the month might spice it up a bit?

Yes judging by the forums and also eBay it’s much bigger. Which leads me to wonder why the old skool BMX forum on retrobike is very quiet compared to road and MTB.

I wonder whether a one off BMX of the month might spice it up a bit?

The communities on other dedicated bmx forums are more established and much bigger so makes more sense to go to those for more educated answers and info.

Back