Blatant 'Zinn' show off thread

Black was available in 1990 - photo from an early review :)

Attachments

• IMG_0794.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 745
I was looking through the excellent 'thisiswhy' Mint Sauce website and found this...... It is Jo Burt's advert from when he was selling his white 'flowered' Zinn 753 :) It is from the first Mint Sauce fan club newsletter. Jo kindly gave me permission to reproduce it here in the Zinn thread :)

31158749825_52fae4964a_c.jpg

Re:

I'm guessing its the same as Carls but with this much "Patina" its more of a survivor

Attachments

• IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_1821.jpg
    IMG_1821.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 661
Re:

Great work Si, that is a fantastic find. Unfortunately talking to Jo a little while ago he thinks its long gone...

Re:

This was Jo's Zinn. 753 throughout with the lovely Mint Sauce flowers. Gorgeous!

Attachments

• TheZinn.jpg
    TheZinn.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 648
  • custom%20paint.jpg
    custom%20paint.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 649
Retro Spud - nice photos. Yes, same as Carl's I think - an early one.

Gio - thanks for adding the photos of Jo's Zinn - I'm guessing the advert must be late 92? £350 :)

Si_33":8bqxrzyg said:
Retro Spud - nice photos. Yes, same as Carl's I think - an early one.

Gio - thanks for adding the photos of Jo's Zinn - I'm guessing the advert must be late 92? £350 :)
Imagine what it would be now... :facepalm:

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":28tfgqba said:
I'm guessing its the same as Carls but with this much "Patina" its more of a survivor

That was the very first Zinn made Nick.

It was a pre production, made for someone in lieu of services or parts or something similar - can't quite remember the story.

It has a few differences to the later production models, and this years ICONOCLASSIC : 2016 show was the first time it's been out in the public after being 'discovered'.

The guys who brought it along to the show didn't own it, but had convinced the chap who owns it to lend it to them to bring along and display with their own model - the really nicely restored / repainted one in the background.

Cool bike!

:)

Back