Bike shows at Alexandra Palace in the 90s

94Kilauea

Retro Newbie
Did anyone go to these? I went to a couple - maybe 92 and 93? or 93/94? Masses of bikes to drool over inside and racing outside. I'm sure I met Joe Murray at one of them and got a signed poster, which unfortunately I no longer have! I was too poor to buy anything, but I used to come home with stacks of catalogues! I can remember being amazed by a Klein Adroit there one year, and a bike that I can't remember that had a 20k price tag on it. And bunny hop competitions outside! I had some photos but I think they all got binned a while ago. Might still have the negatives somewhere though. Hmmmmm. May have to go on a loft hunt!

Re:

I just remembered seeing Caroline Alexander racing there, googled her, and came up with a photo of her on retrobike in the british steel thread of her racing at Bicyclexpo at Alexandra Palace!

Re:

I certainly attended the Ali Pally shows - best bit was the Oakley stand selling off cheap Oakleys-all my money gone within 5 mins of entering the place

I went to a couple, spent a small fortune on some very trick bits too. :)
On the bottom pic of Kleins, note the inbetweeny stage of the Klein fonts.

Re: Re:

pete_mcc":ww6jr0f9 said:
I certainly attended the Ali Pally shows - best bit was the Oakley stand selling off cheap Oakleys-all my money gone within 5 mins of entering the place

LOL +1

I remember those days at that stand,serval marketing if I remember right.I spent hundreds of quid there.... :LOL:

I went in 92. The year they brought a Manitou FS out of the back of a van which was late for the show.
That moment changed everything...

Back