Bike or frame 53-54cm TOP TUBE

sb88

Devout Dirtbag
Hi there,

After a 53-54cm top tube steel bike or frame to build into a multi-purpose, affordable, not super-precious, but looked after, road bike.

Would like something that will work with 700c wheels with easy to find brakes (i.e. not super super long drop in order to reach rim) and will give clearance for at least 28c tyres.

Preferably BSA bottom bracket for ease of replacements.

I have a bit of a thing for mid-lower end used steel bikes, so 501, 500, etc welcome! (Even naughty old hi-ten! ;) Having said that, anything more decent considered for a reasonable price.

Have seen lots of frames on ebay in my price range, but lots of them have French/Swiss/Italian BB shells - not end of world, but would prefer to avoid.

Problem I have with modern sloping frames is top tubes of this length leave lots of seatpost exposed and often have shorter head tubes = less comfortable!

Without a dedicated road bike at moment. Could bling out on a new disc-braked, thru-axled model but seems like new standards yet to settle on the latest crop of road bikes, so decided to build up a 2nd hand bike and remind myself of the simplicity of a good old bike.

Fire away, thanks.

Sb88

Back