Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 751
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 751
Ollie":1mn9flph said:
The Starley you have shown was drawn with a black permanent marker :) .

It's a Starley....never heard of the brand. Love the artwork though. That's what I'm thinking Ollie, but coloured sharpies, set to work then lacquer over when its finished. I'm too old for tats :oops: but the frame needs something.

Wonder if anybody has tried this on Retrobike yet ?

Re:

I haven't tried it yet, but I do fancy giving it a go, think my mate saw the white one being done at a bike show this year.

I had thought about doing a 'Steampunk' type design.

Aboriginal, Egyptian hieroglyphics, Sanskrit, to name a few ideas :D

I thought a bike would look good in a stickerbomb but instead with airfix water transfers :LOL: .

A steampunk design would look awesome :D .

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":347i099n said:
I had thought about doing a 'Steampunk' type design.
You can buy paint pens rather than using sharpies. A friend used a black one on a custom guitar pedal, then clear coated it on top. Turned out really nicely.

A steampunk bike would be AWESOME. You could use metallic gold and copper sharpies. You could draw cogs, cams, shafts, planetary gears, springs, pistons and other machinery. Maybe draw some inspiration from watch designs or bike internal gearing systems even.

Maybe add a few gold and copper coloured components. Leather handlebar tape etc.

You can find loads of good artwork if you search for your theme + the word tattoo. A lot of arm/leg tattoo designs are kinda directly applicable to bike tubing given limbs and tubing kinda have a similar aspect ratio.

Re:

Back in the 80's when i was into Bmx there was a firebird Freestyler decorated with loads of different colour paint pens. It was in the centre pages of Bmx Action Bike. Have searched high and low on the 'tinterweb with no joy.
It gave me the inspiration to "polka dot" my bike in Pink, as was the fashion at that time.

Latest posts

Back