Best way to store bikes

Store Bycicles? Bicycles are for riding them ... so I don´t store mines.

Yes, some use them as .... Sorry but if you have 20 bicycles and you dont ride them, you cannot display them, they are too much. 5 Kleins in diferent colors ... that could work in your living room or better 15 Kleins. Some beers and a afternoon of dreaming 😅

For me too much are 10, I try to ride all of them But I have no time. At least I try to take them one ride per month each ...:rolleyes: But I enjoy all, each in a differen´t way.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Store Bycicles? Bicycles are for riding them ... so I don´t store mines.

Yes, some use them as .... Sorry but if you have 20 bicycles and you dont ride them, you cannot display them, they are too much. 5 Kleins in diferent colors ... that could work in your living room or better 15 Kleins. Some beers and a afternoon of dreaming 😅

For me too much are 10, I try to ride all of them But I have no time. At least I try to take them one ride per month each ...:rolleyes: But I enjoy all, each in a differen´t way.

View attachment 872616
Those bikes look great, but I prefer less perfect bikes that are there to be ridden. I have 4 GT's that I ride in turn, depending on how I feel any given day. I am lucky that I share my living room space with my bikes and cats and I have my workspace in my living room, I know it's unconventional, but I am happy with this arrangement. I do need to make or buy some stands for my bikes so I won't have to lean them against walls or furniture. But every time I have a little spare cash I tend to buy parts for my bikes instead!

I forgot to add, I would be paranoid about storing my bikes in a shed or outhouse because back in the mid 90's I had a 1993 Marin Eldridge Grade that I had put in the outhouse to clear space in the hallway ... next day upon moving some other stuff to the outhouse (to the side of our property) I found the Marin had gone!
I was gutted and felt like someone must have been watching me put the bike in the outhouse.
I had already lost a couple of GT's a few years before this incident. We moved away from that address as we had a lot of trouble with vandalism and other incidents in that area.
We live in a much better area now so things have improved since but I'm still paranoid about leaving my bikes out of sight. So the living room is the best place as I can admire my bikes in close vicinity😁

Thieves love sheds.
And a locked shed must contain something worth stealing!
And a bicycle is its own getaway vehicle😬

So bikes in sheds need a security light if there is any risk of prying.

Stealing from inside a house is a more serious crime - the police would probably investigate, and the probably even prosecute the perpetrator.

Having the same problem, have space for one bike but need at least two. I'm using an outhouse but its rather secure, I have a BSO in there right now for reasons and hardly any space left. Thinking of buying something I like but already has paint chips and such so wouldn't be really fussed if they have minor clashes while I'm taking one out or putting one back.

Back