Best way to store bikes

The multitude of storage possibilities is too much to consider and mind-boggling. To make things easier I think this thread should be divided into two:

1/ Best way to store bikes for regular people with Wives/Husbands/Partners/Children etc.
2/ Best way to store bikes for Singles/Divorcees/Loners/Weirdos/Those suffering with advanced stages of the Retrobike addiction/illness etc.

Star12

The multitude of storage possibilities is too much to consider and mind-boggling. To make things easier I think this thread should be divided into two:

1/ Best way to store bikes for regular people with Wives/Husbands/Partners/Children etc.
2/ Best way to store bikes for Singles/Divorcees/Loners/Weirdos/Those suffering with advanced stages of the Retrobike addiction/illness etc.

Star12
We need a ven diagram as I'm number one but with these number 2 tendencies below
"Loners/Weirdos/Those suffering with advanced stages of the Retrobike addiction/illness etc" :p

Those bikes look great, but I prefer less perfect bikes that are there to be ridden. I have 4 GT's that I ride in turn, depending on how I feel any given day. I am lucky that I share my living room space with my bikes and cats and I have my workspace in my living room, I know it's unconventional, but I am happy with this arrangement. I do need to make or buy some stands for my bikes so I won't have to lean them against walls or furniture. But every time I have a little spare cash I tend to buy parts for my bikes instead!
Well, I really prefer that perfect bicycles and ride them 😊 Mine are all in good conditions and ready to ride as hard as you whant, no creaks no nonthing. Ready to Rock ...

Last edited:
Well, I really prefer that perfect bicycles and ride them 😊 Mine are all in good conditions and ready to ride as hard as you whant, no creaks no nonthing. Ready to Rock ...

View attachment 873234
I didn't mean not perfect as in falling apart or not working. I am not expecting a 30 year old bike to be in pristine condition that I would be scared to ride in case it gets a scratch here and there.
However I do want my bikes to be in fully functional condition so I can ride them without the worry of them getting dirty or having minor blemishes. Unfortunately I don't have large sums of money at my disposal to buy nearly new or NOS parts, if you can afford it that's great and I haven't got anything against that. Each to their own. Enjoy what you have! It wasn't meant as a criticism.

Thieves love sheds.
And a locked shed must contain something worth stealing!
And a bicycle is its own getaway vehicle😬

So bikes in sheds need a security light if there is any risk of prying.

Stealing from inside a house is a more serious crime - the police would probably investigate, and the probably even prosecute the perpetrator.
Was told by the police to remove the front wheel, no longer a get away vehicle.

Back