Best way to refurb M900 cranks without polishing

Where on earth do you take something to have the label layered on? Do you need to give them the line work digitally?

Where on earth do you take something to have the label layered on? Do you need to give them the line work digitally?
What he said, I would love to get mine polished and lasered exactly like this but no idea where would do such a thing

What he said, I would love to get mine polished and lasered exactly like this but no idea where would do such a thing

I’ll be offering to do it for people. Need to get minimum of 5 sets to do to make it cost effective.

Pm me if you’d like to chat about costs and logistics.

I’ll be offering to do it for people. Need to get minimum of 5 sets to do to make it cost effective.

Pm me if you’d like to chat about costs and logistics.
I'm guessing you're in the UK? Gracious offer, but might be prohibitive fore as I'm in the US. But if you are willing to share the design file that would be wonderful. Did you draw it yourself?

I'm guessing you're in the UK? Gracious offer, but might be prohibitive fore as I'm in the US. But if you are willing to share the design file that would be wonderful. Did you draw it yourself?
Yes I’m in the UK.

No I know someone who did the logo for me. And then we sized it for the laser by comparing to an original set.

I’m also going to have a go at putting the logo back on a set of M900 cantis this week.

Polishing - Laser and anodising is quite expensive so the more items I can do at once will help bring the costs down.

Right …..

Today I collected the anodised cranks from the place.

So this is the first set , which have been polished and now clear anodised.

Basically the finish is too dull and patchy. They don’t have that gleam like m900 should. The anodiser says it’s because they are used and polished which shows all the imperfections.

So now I’m torn ….

Do I strip the ano off , polish again : add logo and then try a ceramic coating - which is the anodisers recommendation

Or polish again , and try to dull them down as a poster mentioned here and then add the laser logo

Or thirdly - have the logo put on top of the ano anyway and flog them on (as I’ve 3 others sets in process)

IMG_8080.jpeg IMG_8081.jpeg

Back