Benotto ID help please - new acquisition and it's a bitsa

DCLane

Dirt Disciple
Having seen this on eBay, I bought it for not much more than the start price: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/columbus-SL-o ... 1246387659

Benotto-1_zps7bceb1d1.jpg

It appears to be a Benotto - given the stamp on the rear drop-out and stay tops plus the heart cut-out on the bottom bracket. There's no stickers, etc. on it but an ID of P8603:

Benotto-tag_zps6873e933.jpg

It's got a 9-speed Pazzaz carbon crankset and bottom bracket, Campag Veloce rear mech but Shimano ARX front mech and Suntour downtube levers. Also, there's a carbon fork plus ITM stem and lightweight Bontrager front wheel. The headset's Campag. The overall package is very light.

Therefore, it appears to be a collection of parts added onto a Benotto frame, Campag headset and Weinmann 500 brakes.

Two issues:

1. The carbon Kuota seatpost is stuck. I've got to figure out how to free it.

2. I picked up a rear wheel with it that the seller had used to paint with, so it's black / undercoat. Also, whilst this has a 9-speed rear on it's 135mm drop-out and the frame's 130mm.

Any ID assistance on the frame would also be great.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back