BE QUICK (roberts)

Re:

I see your point, but eBay is a bit of a gamble and free-for-all. It's not really policed either when you're on the receiving end.
I've had enough bad behaviour from sellers who've done deals outside eBay (the latest one I'd BIN'd and paid, then they reneged on the deal - it was a bargain, but not cheap as such and definitely no listing error).
I've read the advert for this Roberts and the seller speaks of a low price, bargain etc... I'd have assumed that that was just their valuation after owning something for 25 years.
I've picked up really nice bikes (including 2 Roberts) for £100 and in these cases the sellers were perfectly happy with the price.
If it was a BIN for £9.99 or something, that's a bit different!

Re:

Agree 100% with Mat, seller mentions offering it at a low price and that's what he got. Even if he really did mean it to be an auction he put the start price at a level he was obviously happy with as for all he knew he'd get one bid.

I'm all for fair play but I think in this case mini should not feel he has to pay more. I might think differently if it was to turn up in bits on eBay the week after though!

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":18rqc2l7 said:
Agree 100% with Mat, seller mentions offering it at a low price and that's what he got. Even if he really did mean it to be an auction he put the start price at a level he was obviously happy with as for all he knew he'd get one bid.

I'm all for fair play but I think in this case mini should not feel he has to pay more. I might think differently if it was to turn up in bits on eBay the week after though!

I'm selling a lot of bits on here right now but I promise they are from bikes I'm keeping and restoring with other more appropriate bits. No way a bike like the Roberts should ever be split, saddle will be changed though to a nice Turbo or San Marco though and I've got some Ritchey tyres set aside.

Always wanted a Roberts, I lived in Croydon for a while and popped in to his workshop there to see his creations, nearly bought a modern D.O.G.S B.O.L.X but couldn't afford it.

I'm going to pay more don't worry. Been a busy week for bike buying, think I'll give it a rest and let you guys pick some more up :LOL:

There is a cull coming, Klein Rascal is all but sold with a deposit coming next week, GT Team RTS may be gone after Christmas and depending on how the Roberts rides the Marin Team Issue may go too.

Good man.

Now I know you'll survive the first ride.

And sleep at night.

And go to confession.

;)

Re:

Dang, tough pill fella, I assume he was wanting substantially more than you were willing to offer. Real shame, was hoping to see some more pictures of that lovely looking beasties as the only picture in the listing really does it no justice!

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":5u1odx4r said:
Dang, tough pill fella, I assume he was wanting substantially more than you were willing to offer. Real shame, was hoping to see some more pictures of that lovely looking beasties as the only picture in the listing really does it no justice!

The guy was going to honour the deal as his mistake but I just couldn't do it to him, I did ask what he would take by got no reply.

Hope someone gets it for what they and the seller are happy with :)

Back