BE QUICK (roberts)

Re:

Blimey, that's cheap!

I'd be up for buying the tyres if anyone on here buys it and wants to rebuild with different...

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":2rp1zk8a said:
Blimey, that's cheap!

I'd be up for buying the tyres if anyone on here buys it and wants to rebuild with different...

I'll sell you the tyres :LOL:

Apparently the £150 was meant to be his start price and not a 'Buy it now' . Feels like I've robbed him!

The History Man":20fj5ls9 said:
Let him relist it then.

Be a gentleman. Obviously a mistake at that price.

Hmmm, people tend to feel less gentlemanly around a bargain, I recently paid a woman more than twice what she was asking for a bike because my knowledge surpassed hers and I didn't want to take advantage, but I definitely had a little internal battle over it.

To be fair, anyone who uses eBay has to accept that any item you list might only get one bid - obviously this would have been unlikely here, but the seller might not know that. Listing was a bit clunky, and one fuzzy picture doesn't speak of a motivated seller.

I've often sold my stuff, even expensive stuff starting at 99p. Most times I've done better, sometimes I've done worse than expected. That is why it is called an auction and all sellers take that gamble.

If you hold told him it was worth a tenner then knew it wasn't then yes I would feel bad but you haven't. Something was put up for sale, you saw it and bid and won. You had a result, it doesn't happen often.

It wasn't a bid. Apparently it was a 'buy it now' by accident rather than a starting price for bids.

If that was genuinely the case I would do the decent thing.

Latest posts

Back