bargain flite alert! or should that be idiot alert?

the cranks are very odd.
the hole in the crank arm is actually threaded, then there is the insert which screws into it.

seems to me to be a bit over engineered, i dont know wether they did it so you could run different sized axled pedals or what.
would also make sense that you could get spare inserts, being as they are a removable bit of hardware.

had a look at the SRAM/truvativ site for spares but they only have the '09 range of spares (pretty stupid really, being as you'd want spares for old not new stuff)

perry":2zmn2irg said:
pretty sure they will just pull out once youve manipulated the hull , they will be joined by the nose

the slr uses hollow ti rails

hmm , how many snapped ti rails is there on this thread alone , 2 ? cant say ive ever heard of a chromo rail snapping , just bending after a heavy crash . funny how its only xc and road seats that use ti and the ones made for some abuse use chromo

if you want id swap it for a xlite pss ti with light blue kevlar covering , scuffed on the right corner

stuff that bends under extremes is usually preferable to stuff that snaps!

managed to get it out. didnt realise the rail is one piece

Khane":2tv081pi said:
the cranks are very odd.
the hole in the crank arm is actually threaded, then there is the insert which screws into it.

seems to me to be a bit over engineered, i dont know wether they did it so you could run different sized axled pedals or what.
would also make sense that you could get spare inserts, being as they are a removable bit of hardware.......

The idea was that you could buy new inserts so that you could repair the cranks if you ever managed to damage the thread. AfaIk it's a 2 piece affair, similar to an outer chainring bolt (one bit goes in the front and the other is like a lockring). In reality it's probably one of those spares that only ever exists on paper (like so many other things).

All I can think of is that the seller had a seized pedal that pulled out the insert when he unscrewed it. :?

Ay'up lewis1641

I've got a Flite Ti, well worn uptop, but with two intact rails down below.

Tenner posted, PM me if you're interested?!

Cheers, Dave.

yay the clever/dumb balance has been restored!

i'll ave it

pm on way.

Xesh":2xlb46dn said:
Khane":2xlb46dn said:
the cranks are very odd.

would also make sense that you could get spare inserts, being as they are a removable bit of hardware.......

The idea was that you could buy new inserts so that you could repair the cranks if you ever managed to damage the thread. AfaIk it's a 2 piece affair, similar to an outer chainring bolt (one bit goes in the front and the other is like a lockring). In reality it's probably one of those spares that only ever exists on paper (like so many other things).

All I can think of is that the seller had a seized pedal that pulled out the insert when he unscrewed it. :?

nah he got them as part of a house clearance or so he says

Back