Badger botherer

Rod_Saetan":1pbbv8lc said:
FSR-Si":1pbbv8lc said:
We_are_Stevo":1pbbv8lc said:
Rod_Saetan":1pbbv8lc said:
FSR-Si":1pbbv8lc said:
I squidged one once on the A55 in North wales about 6 years ago with my truck, little buggers are rock solid and made a right mess of the bumper! I won though as by the time i'd managed to stop the badger was about a 100 metres longer :twisted:

Congratulations, asshole.

Yeah, I thought that was a bit harsh too :?

Sorry if this displeases you but what the hell are you supposed to do, you try swerving out of the way when travelling at 50mph and weighing in at 40 tons. The only thing you can do is hit it otherwise you jack knife or tip causing a hell of a lot of mess. So sorry if i offended you it was unintentional. best i dont tell you about the numourous other animals that became roadkill over the years :roll:

Its not what you did, accidents happen, you can't really help that, it was the manner in which you seemed to take so much glee in the fact you had done it, suggested that you were worse off than the badger as it had damaged your bumper and you had somehow overcome the massive odds stacked against you as the woodland creature lost in its fight with a 40 ton vehicle traveling at 50 mph. A little more diplomacy was needed I feel, but then maybe my reply was a little caustic too.

Agree 100% I could say more but will leave it at that

orange71":yt5g2bhe said:
Don't ask any of us in the East midlands about badgers (and other assorted wildlife) - we've been assaulted by it all - badgers, foxes (see my sig), owls, deer, weasels, rabbits, hares (and maybe even a Jaguar - we kid you not)!! :shock: :LOL: We could tell stories for hours...

Interested to hear about this Jaguar (unless it's of the car variety ;)) - I used to be one of the main points of contact for the British Big Cats society for Mid/West Wales. You wouldn't believe some of the sightings (and photographs). They're definitely out there!

I've no animal related bike stories,
But many moons ago, when i used to climb, i topped out on a climb somewhere along Llanberis Pass only to be confronted by a very p*ssed off looking, very large mountain goat with huge horns :shock:
He didn't budge when i shouted at him so i had to resort to throwing various items of climbing gear at him until he buggered off.
He was definatle more suited to the terrain than me :D

Attachments

• welsh-mountain-goat_picm105-10571.jpg
    welsh-mountain-goat_picm105-10571.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 596
Barneyballbags":3u7ozw61 said:
orange71":3u7ozw61 said:
Don't ask any of us in the East midlands about badgers (and other assorted wildlife) - we've been assaulted by it all - badgers, foxes (see my sig), owls, deer, weasels, rabbits, hares (and maybe even a Jaguar - we kid you not)!! :shock: :LOL: We could tell stories for hours...

Interested to hear about this Jaguar (unless it's of the car variety ;)) - I used to be one of the main points of contact for the British Big Cats society for Mid/West Wales. You wouldn't believe some of the sightings (and photographs). They're definitely out there!

there are stories of a large black cat , possibly a jaguar, in the woods where we ride. One night we were out and one of the guys we were with decided to take a different path to the rest of us and while on it he said from the corner of his eye he saw a very large black cat-like animal disappearing into the trees :shock:

orange71":2b8e2pgj said:
there are stories of a large black cat , possibly a jaguar, in the woods where we ride. One night we were out and one of the guys we were with decided to take a different path to the rest of us and while on it he said from the corner of his eye he saw a very large black cat-like animal disappearing into the trees :shock:

I've actually seen what I believe to be a big cat on 2 separate occasions (both in Radnor Forest, Mid Wales). 1 of the sightings left no doubt in my mind that it was a large cat, rather than a dog. I've never known a dog clear a barbed wire fence from a standing start, from a distance of about 4-5 feet away!

It's not something which I'd like to have run out from a hedge infront of me when I'm riding!

Hit a sheep once on a downhill in the Pentlands, Its lamb was running away from me on the other side of the track, crossed in front of me as I was passing it, I slammed the bank to avoid hitting it and then rolled 20 feet into its rather irate mother. She said Bah and wandered off with her lamb. Mates found it really funny, I found it a bit sore.

orange71 missed this one off the list, a snowy encounter on a Tuesday night:

Attachments

• spa0844l.jpg
    spa0844l.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 514
Barneyballbags":1jzswcev said:
orange71":1jzswcev said:

I've actually seen what I believe to be a big cat on 2 separate occasions (both in Radnor Forest, Mid Wales). 1 of the sightings left no doubt in my mind that it was a large cat, rather than a dog. I've never known a dog clear a barbed wire fence from a standing start, from a distance of about 4-5 feet away!

It's not something which I'd like to have run out from a hedge infront of me when I'm riding!

I managed to take this shakey shot of a large looking cat like creature on my last ride. It was huge.

Attachments

• BIGCAT~1.jpg
    BIGCAT~1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 491
Back