Australians using retrobike??

Brettels":s54p2bj9 said:
Im another in Canberra......

My sister lives in Canberra, I saw Crowded House in a club in Queanbeyan back 89/90 when I was out for a visit. I'd like to get back but with a wife and 3 kids the flights tend to cost a bit more :cry: I'll make it someday.

....oh and she also has a friend called Brett.

Aussie Retrobiker

Canberra is a great place to ride, both with the Road bike and the Mountain Bike.

Dont see too many retro bikes around.

One of the Bike stores has a brand new Klein for $3000 with a XT Groupset........a bit too much, but nice.......

retro aus

Melbourne VIC

love to get a retro ride going sometime

1990 Scott Pro Racing - Tange Prestige
1994 Diamondback Apex - TT Lite

Aaronj
I noticed in another thread you have just purchased a team marin

was that the unit in Melbourne on ebay last week....nice bike

Matt

I think I make 3 of us in Canberra.

Agreed - great place to live and ride.

Hope to see some of you make the commute to here for the worlds next year.

I had a trek Y bike in 95 was the model with XT I broke it and bought the M2 S works frame and fitted all the rear over. sold the warranty replacement.

I only bought this frame 2 or so years a go and moved over most of the gear from my Kona U'Hu to it.

This frame originally belonged to the owner of local bike shop - he busted the front frame and got another one on warranty, then the rear went, so it was a whole new 2nd generation frame (which fingers crossed will last a while yet) by the time he sold it to another bloke who had it for a bit before it got to me.

was a fun bike, I enjoyed riding it, however, more than likely subjected it to conditions beyond its ideal terrain

Back