Are you scared of your Mrs?

Thread resurrection alert!!

So has anything changed??

I now get a monthly "Bike Allowance" to do with as I please :D

Wish I had time to use my bike & more importantly, space for loads of them!!

G

no change here :roll:
I still have to intercept the postman when I'm expecting a delivery, or get stuff posted to work. Problem now is that I'm moving jobs soon and have a stockpile of bike stuff at work, god knows how I'm going to sneak it all home without "her" finding out about it :shock:

dammit! everytime I raise my game she matches it! :eek: :LOL:

Big changes here. Since becoming medicaly retired last year we have had to tighten the purse strings big time. No more money to foolishly waste on stuff we don't need. Anything that catches my eye I run by the Mrs first and she is cool with that. As long as I tell her I am going to spend some money it's ok.

Can't wait to get our house sold and moved into our new place so we can release a huge lump of equity. Then things may change for a while, already have my new mancave ordered and that is going to cost over £1,500 just for the shed.

Four years on....

letmetalktomark":3gvtjldz said:
dbmtb":3gvtjldz said:
"the kids will grow into them soon" usually works for me....

Like they would be allowed to use them :roll: ;)

Good excuse though.

Actually they DO fit them now. Or as good as. My eldest was going to use my RC300 a couple of weeks ago but couldn't quite stretch into the bars. So he used the Stumpjumper FSR instead,which my wife usually uses the couple of times a year we go out riding together. But in theory at least, they ARE now using them.

Heading of to Eurobike and Konstanz at the end of August to get a week of proper MTBing in and my 14-year old will be usiing one of my bikes.

If I ever get my 13-year old into biking he'll be using one too!

Having a bike shop means that my wife has no idea of which bikes are which anymore. She does complain about my vinyl-purchasing habits though... As these can infringe on her peace and quiet (it's not so much the money that's at issue 8D)

I just make sure the parcels are intercepted at the front gate that way i can sneak them in the shed before they are seen :D

Then unpack them put them into my partsbin and then say i have had them for years ;)

The thing is i am pretty sure my Wife knows i do this anyway :oops:

1stly my GF doesn't beleive in marrage, so yay, 2ndly she has her own dopey crap to buy, so she understands.
Its fine when we have heaps of cash, but when funds are low...
Don't much in the way of retro bikes stuff, but loads of sneakers (the odd bike...or car). The old I'll buy this, then sell stuff doesn't seem to work any more (mainly due to the not selling stuff...). SO I kinda have to sell stuff first :(

My wife's fine so far lol.

We've got an arrangement for my next frame/bike :D

Unfortunately we have a shiny rule... So when I get something shiny so does she (diamond variety unfortunately, can't quite explain the merits of a cubic zirconia to her).

Yep still getting moaned at for all the parcels coming in. I say about all the parcels going out too.
Almost done? (Hmmm in theory yes - in reality - we all know that will probably never happen).
Main bikes are almost finished but i will probably always have something on the go. I will slow down soon when the main ones are done.

She loves me and my hobbies. Im lucky bastard. She knows tha they keep me happy with a healthy and stable sanity. I try my best to do the same with her. If we are ok we tend to treat each other better. Its just a matter of balancing things... i feel sorry for some of my friends that have on their sides girls that treat them like school boys...

t-stoff":1id0cuck said:
i feel sorry for some of my friends that have on their sides
girls that treat them like school boys...
Let's face it, though - if we're really honest, we haven't really progressed much from being school boys.

Back