Rebuild and Ride or Let them Slide?

• Rebuild and ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let them slide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3. Refill cart - it'll almost certainly have blown

How easy is that to do - it all looks pretty sealed up to me. Also what can be used as a Judy Butter substitute - 'I can't believe it's not Judy Butter' or similar.....? Lithium based grease is bad for the seals, right?

cinderKona":x2advwsh said:

How easy is that to do - it all looks pretty sealed up to me. Also what can be used as a Judy Butter substitute - 'I can't believe it's not Judy Butter' or similar.....? Lithium based grease is bad for the seals, right?

Is it blown? Normally if the legs are like that they'll be heaps of play in the bushes therefore it will be blown.

Can't find the instructions I've used before. Is it a plastic or metal body. One can be serviced, thje other I'm not sure. From the few I have overhauled think I simply undid the adjuster in the leg, tipped oil in and cycled it through the cart....

If its any help there is a set of 1" judys on ebay at the moment 97's IIRC.

John":32uoney9 said:
cinderKona":32uoney9 said:

Is it blown? Normally if the legs are like that they'll be heaps of play in the bushes therefore it will be blown.

Can't find the instructions I've used before. Is it a plastic or metal body. One can be serviced, thje other I'm not sure. From the few I have overhauled think I simply undid the adjuster in the leg, tipped oil in and cycled it through the cart....
Strangely enough there is little/no play in the bushes and there does seem to be oil in the cart (metal) It makes a squelching sound when it's cycled anyway! Will try filling it with 5wt fork oil ;-0. ANy thoughts on grease to lube these babies up?

BTW I haven't voted because I haven't a scooby, whats the verdict so far?

cinderKona":1dt15nwl said:
Strangely enough there is little/no play in the bushes and there does seem to be oil in the cart (metal) It makes a squelching sound when it's cycled anyway! Will try filling it with 5wt fork oil ;-0. ANy thoughts on grease to lube these babies up?

If the cart is alloy then it's a factory sealed one. Only the plastic carts are user serviceable. As for grease any synthetic one will do. Weldtite or Finesse make a good grease that you can use. It's teflon based and is safe to use on anything. The main reason to avoid lithium grease is that it reacts with the coating on the bushings and the stanchions, eventually causing the fork to seize up.

Back