Anyone on here had experience of selling on Etsy?

You might be very surprised on gumtree, I sell a lot on there and 95%of it sells. Also you can haggle much more if you buy like that!

Re:

My other half sells jewellery. Etsy is OK. But for the UK Folksy is better. She tends to do more supplying shops now, though.

For the sort of things you are selling, maybe a flea market, or a cabinet in an antique shop? It will probably work out cheaper. What part of the country are you in?

Re:

It's a shame you don't live near me, there's a dozen "antique" shops along the high street in Sandgate. One is stuffed to the gills with all manner of weird and wonderful items, old hand tools, a pin ball machine, a lathe, a 1970s Action Man, you get the idea and the one opposite my flat currently has a moth eaten stuffed badger in the window. :shock:

Re:

I'm in the South West, Somerset to be precise. There are lots of antiques shops around here, and many MANY moons ago I did have a shelf in one, but it's expensive unless you can be sure of a huge turn around.

Flea markets, etc, are what I intend to do long term, but it's finding a short term solution, or something to back it up. Which, actually, is where the FB page could come in, once I'm at the markets a few leaflets can be handed out saying 'see our Facebook page'....and the two could work together to increase visibility.

Re:

Aha! :LOL:

I've thought seriously about a website, and a mate offered to do one, but in reality I don't really want to have to maintain something like that, the constantly having to check for messages, orders, etc, and in the past it hasn't actually increased visibility for me.

The FB page seems to be slowly taking off, is more 'casual', possibly more user friendly too in some ways, and if I can combine that with a few fairs before Christmas....

I'm still seriously considering Etsy, despite mixed reviews, but then I've just started doing pretty well on eBay with specific things, so I suspect it will be a case of a mix of approaches, keeping the costs to a minimum, and still working as hard as I can at my 'day job'!

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":1l37pbja said:
I'm still seriously considering Etsy, despite mixed reviews, but then I've just started doing pretty well on eBay with specific things, so I suspect it will be a case of a mix of approaches, keeping the costs to a minimum, and still working as hard as I can at my 'day job'!

Do it! If there's no upfront cost, it's all good. But definitely look at Folksy (UK) and Dawanda (Europe). They are both cheaper to sell on.

Latest posts

Back