Anyone ID themselves, or the bikes, from BiTD? Malverns '91

Cool pics, I wasn't there that year but I was in 90, got the official video and a massive photo that my Mum and Dad put up at home BITD, its in my garage now somewhere. Great circuit, very dry and hot in 90, looks the same here.

richmog08":y3777a60 said:
I love the way that nobody is riding suspension forks. Proper retro. :D

That weekend I was camped next to a couple who turned out to be from Thetford (think his name was Mark and he was the spitting image of jonnyboy666...) who I'm sure had a Dolomite? On the Friday someone lent him a brand new Rock Shox fork which he duly fitted, went out for a lap of the course and promptly changed it back again!

tintin40":y3777a60 said:
The second picture has the guy at the front got his eyes closed :shock:

As theredchili has said, he was in the Veterans race, same three laps of the 11-mile course and this was the last lap; after the third gruelling climb up to the Obelisk in that heat you can forgive anyone a breather on the run down to the Bombhole :LOL:

theredchili":y3777a60 said:
here's a few Ive dug out ......

Small world eh; when you were stood there at the bombhole I was further down the course and have(had :cry: ) almost exactly the same photo' from the front. When you took the photo' of Caroline Alexander I'd have been standing about five feet to your right! :eek:

greenstiles":y3777a60 said:
The crowd look like modern Americans (dress sense) time warp or what ;)

Yeah, trouble is we all looked like that! :LOL:

Stevo himself":y3777a60 said:
Thanks for all the kind words on my photo's; retro in their own right. In a world before everyone has a megapixel digital camera I was using a Canon T90 SLR and Fugi film. Processed the films and printed the photo's by hand in the darkroom at work when I got back on the monday. Really wish I still had those neg's...

I was there, from '90 through to the 'incident' in what ever year that was. (still have a piece of Police tape that was tied to my tent pole... from that year).

Racing sport all the time.

I've have heaps of photos of varying quality that I should scan in.....

rory breaker":2hnjyfq0 said:
I was there, from '90 through to the 'incident' in what ever year that was. (still have a piece of Police tape that was tied to my tent pole... from that year).

Racing sport all the time.

I've have heaps of photos of varying quality that I should scan in.....

Come on lets see them :D

rory breaker":28mev25s said:
I was there, from '90 through to the 'incident' in what ever year that was.

Post 1999, as that was the last one I went to. Shame. As an event it was awesome.

rory breaker":16oiinim said:

That was 1995; outsiders ruining the best mountain bike event series ever... :cry:

Back