Any Magura experts? Bought HS33 think I've been sent HS22?

scoopz

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I recently bought a set of what I believed to be Magura HS33 Raceline from eBay but having now received them they don't have the little red adjuster on the lever and look different to all other HS33 I've ever seen.

On top of that, the manual that came with them is for HS22, HS22 Raceline, HS66 and HS77 no mention of HS33 :(

At the moment I'm giving the eBay seller the benefit of the doubt, for all I know they could be very early HS33 raceline before they put the red adjuster on? There are no serial numbers or identifying marks but I'm hoping some of you Magura experts out there can help identify exactly what I've bought and perhaps advise on whether I should just stick with them (for my GT Zaskar rebuild) and claw back some money from the seller or send them back and buy some HS33 that I originally wanted?

Nice set of brakes, they are similar to my set of neon Raceline D's which do have the red adjuster on them, yet they are not HS33's as they are beefier than the HS33's. Magura brought out several special editions like Magura Blues, and Tomac Edition, Raceline & Raceline D's, Firm Tech, and various variations of HS11's, HS22's, HS33's etc. they don't look like the HS22's I'm familiar with, so could be early 33's ?? Whatever they end up being they are great brakes, I love em :)

Those are hs22 and not hs33 how much did they cost you??

rojo":1yjk77px said:
Those are hs22 and not hs33 how much did they cost you??
Thanks. Without logging back into eBay I think £55 plus P&P which in hind-sight might have been a bit steep? Or are the HS22 Raceline rarer and hence more expensive?

Damn eBay iPhone app is going to bankrupt me. I watch a load of items and then get push alerts items are ending soon when I'm out and about, in the pub, etc and panic buy.

Item title and description definitely said HS33 so now I'm just now sure what to do. They seem nice and work ok in the box, also came with syringe, bleed hoses, extra brake boosters and bottle of hydraulic fluid.

Dangerous having eBay on phone and in pub :shock: Drunk bidding :LOL:

What bike you building??

These are the first Racelines, from about 1993/4.

The HS33 Racelines (with the little red adjusters) came out in about 1997/8.

These are a bit chunkier, with a longer, solid lever. Adjustment of lever/pad reach is via a little allen key.

Looking at them I'd say you have a mixed set - early levers/slave cylinders, with slightly later mounting hardware & braces (originals braces would have been yellow with round holes)

Great brakes, and the lever bodies are less prone to snapping than the later ones ;) £55 isn't too bad, and they do keep their value quite well.

ajantom":292e0yyf said:
These are the first Racelines, from about 1993/4.

The HS33 Racelines (with the little red adjusters) came out in about 1997/8.
Thanks for the info, so they are Racelines that predate the HS33, just trying to clarify that they are 100% not HS33?

I have noticed a little allen key inside the brake lever so if that is the adjuster then it's not too different from the HS33 just not as convenient and the levers are extremely chunky like you say, I think I've seen less robust levers on a motorbike!

Back